Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i is one!!

Im in need of direction. i would like to start some purchasing some stock's and things like that. I would like to manage them myself so there is no one to blame but me.

which internet site is easiest/cheapest etc.

what are your experiences/losses/horror stories/advice etc.

thanks

·
A Fine Example For Others
41,185 Posts
I'm only going to tell you this once, so pay attention.

Invest in commodities that that people have to have to live, i.e.; food, electricity, fuel, transportation and communications. These are low paying dividends, but consistent dividends.

Understand?

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,280 Posts
Duke Energy, 5.5% dividend is where I have a bunch invested for long term.

DRIP, the dividend buys more stock, so if the price happens to drop on payout date, you get more shares.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i get the commodities for sure. where should i start looking for a broker (online). its sort of a buzz kill to have power dividends but money of any kind is better than broke.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
I'm in for learning the stock market...Considering that is what our nations based on now, seems the best way to make money, legally.

I wanted to invest in dope, but I saw that video earlier and I think I will pass...j/k

·
YB Managing Editor
51,152 Posts
The way I started my investing way back when is I bought stocks of companies that made the products I use in every day life.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
frank..

Problem with that is unless you got serious bank to start with or are not extended to far on credit...real estate is out of the question.

One of my junior sailor started with a duplex as a E-4 and now he has 3 houses and half the duplex he lives in all rented.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts
I'm only going to tell you this once, so pay attention.

Invest in commodities that that people have to have to live, i.e.; food, electricity, fuel, transportation and communications. These are low paying dividends, but consistent dividends.

Understand?

Jeez, get your balls back outta your wifes purse,,,,,,,no pain, no gain!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i know...but i cant swing another house. maybe if i found something that was already rented and paid for its self then i could...but if it were making money it wouldnt be for sale right!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
yeah i know...but i cant swing another house. maybe if i found something that was already rented and paid for its self then i could...but if it were making money it wouldnt be for sale right!!
I never ever use my own money to invest. That would be insane.

And to answer your question about if its making money it wouldn't be for sale. You would be incorrect , I speak with land lords every day that want out.

Frank,

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah thats a good point...

but if you dont use your own money then you either have investors or great credit to "use" the banks money to invest.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yea. I like to network with multiple investors.

Quick example. I have a deal going right now on a property that I will purchase for $51,000. It has a FMV worth $105,000. If all goes well I will flip this at the title company the same day for $65,000. I will walk out of the title company with a $14,000 check for 12 hours worth of work.

I don't know about you but that sounds pretty good to me!

Frank,

·
Registered
29,023 Posts
All the online companies are around $7-10 a trade. Like ING, Scott trade, Ameritrade and E trade. Not sure you can get around that too much. If you have a few thousand to spread around get three or four stocks (after much planning) and just watch them, get the feel for how stocks act. If your below a grand, try two, but if your in the ten thousand range. You are better with going with a broker.

I have a broker for my retierment (Bus owner) funds. I use ING direct for my play funds. I may trade about 2 times a month, but I have a few accounts that I havn't touched for a year or so.

·
A Fine Example For Others
41,185 Posts
Haven't touched my accounts in 25 years.....and they STILL pay dividends. As soon as people stop eating, using electricity, gas and communications.....I'll cash out.

Until then.....buy GOLD you fools !

1 - 20 of 47 Posts