Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered Lobster from the east coast online? If so, what are your thoughts? I am looking at buying the 3lb ones for my wifes birthday. Did they arrive alive and in good condition? Did you feel it was worth the purchase? Not much seafood to choose from in my neck of the woods.

Thx.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you want the very best of lobster you want to get it from Maine or New Brunswick, Canada (Bay of Fundy). In my neck of the woods a place called Misty Harbour would be a good choice. I believe they have a website.

Jack

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I would stay away from the 3 pounders...the claws at that size are a bitch. Almost need a sledge for those buggers. 2-2 1/2 range are easier to deal with IMHO. To me the Northerns seem to be sweeter than the FL guys.

·
Former RJ instigator
42,719 Posts
If they don't arrive alive, refuse them.... almost all online lobster venders (google it) have the "arrive alive" gaurantee policy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone ordered Lobster from the east coast online? If so, what are your thoughts? I am looking at buying the 3lb ones for my wifes birthday. Did they arrive alive and in good condition? Did you feel it was worth the purchase? Not much seafood to choose from in my neck of the woods.

Thx.
Most of the restaurants around here(north of Boston) use the parent company of this place"Ipswich Shellfish". I've never had them ship anything, but I can say that If their trucks deliver the seafood I'll eat at the restaurant.

http://www.ipswichfishmarket.com/lobsters.aspx

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,518 Posts
i seen a place on how its made or a show of that type , that one of the distributers has lobster holding tanks right next door to the UPS terminal in kentucky , the main terminal so they will always arrive alive ... wonder what one that was ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts