Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everybody using for a light inside of their race cars? I've seen the led strip lights, just wondering if there is something else. I just need a light to read time slips or see inside the car at night at the track. Lighting really sucks at my track. None in the return road area and minimum in the pits. What do you guys do?

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I don't really care for the strips, we use the singles, put them everywhere.....interior/under hood/ rear shocks/ driveshaft/etc. Get them from JBRC.

·
Registered
5,810 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts

These LED's are what we sell. I have them made for 18 volts so you can run a 12 or 16 volt electrical system. The housing is .870 long , the face is .590, and the wire is 64" long they come with a 4130 weld tab or a 5052 aluminum tab if you have a car that is already painted and don't want to weld on it.

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
For my man interior light, I have an adhesive strip about 3 feet long across the inside front of the roof. My track is very dark at night too and I have a lot of safety equipment I want to get on properly. Light is my friend.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Brian what do you guys charge for the LED's?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Brian what do you guys charge for the LED's?
Sent a PM
Monty prefers we don't post prices in the threads except the for sale section.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
Ok I did this on my gauges. Here I have a video I made after a night race in Las Vegas. I went to Walmart and got those dual led strip lights and silicone them to the ring of the autometer gauges. Old age sure makes this a lot easier to see.

We also went to Lowes and found this where the night lights are. Its a LED light and we used it in the golf cart for night time and gives a lot of light. Oh its about 15 bucks.

Chuck
PAE

·
Registered
642 Posts
Go to home depot and get the LED battery closet lights. 3 pack about $10. I have one under the trunk lid for night time refueling as well. They just peel and stick. 2 years same batteries.
Doug

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Go to home depot and get the LED battery closet lights. 3 pack about $10. I have one under the trunk lid for night time refueling as well. They just peel and stick. 2 years same batteries.
Doug
What I use....I also have magnetic LEDs so I can stick em under the truck when I'm loading up.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
What is everybody using for a light inside of their race cars? I've seen the led strip lights, just wondering if there is something else. I just need a light to read time slips or see inside the car at night at the track. Lighting really sucks at my track. None in the return road area and minimum in the pits. What do you guys do?
Oriellys sells a generic dome light with a built-in switch. It's about $5
Leave the lens off it dims the light too much.

·
Banned
7 Posts
I used led strips for the inside car lighting and it looks very well... I have a friend that did the same with his car and he helped me to install the led lighting in my car. As I remember, I ordered the led strips on ukled.co.uk. and beside it, I bought also led drivers, because the led lighting operates with a constant current or voltage driver. Now, all works perfectly. If you need led strips for the car, you should check the offers on the site I mentioned above.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts