1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Cool. Doesn't look like safety was a concern yet. I don't think you could trust alot of todays work force to stand between thoses machines while they were running. "Duuuude. I need to go smoke a fatty. I'll be back". Crunch. LOL

·
Registered
13,435 Posts
Wow! That is great! I analize footage like this for ages and are constantly looking in the background for unusual stuff, I laughed at the guy around 4:40 that "kicks" the brand new fender across the floor to his mate then @ 5:18 it shows the guy rubbing his hand across a fender seeing where Bondo needs to be applied!!!!!!

Beautiful working harmonics of the assy line machinery too.

·
Dinosaur Mechanic
1,615 Posts
That video sure shows how much times have changed. Although the workers today are more skilled, because of all the technology, automation and rules they must follow. I bet more than half of those workers would get fired if they used the same practices today. That is the sad part

·
Registered
876 Posts
The automation impressed me too. Interesting of why they had production runs of years, sometimes decades back then, it would be a major operation to change over to a new design.

... modern day alot of changeover can be done with a programming and simple tooling/fixture change

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
84,010 Posts
I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT .......THAT THINGS WOULD HAVE RUN THAT SMOOTHLY BACK THEN.....COOL SHIT

1 - 20 of 24 Posts