Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
im running the same setup on my truck with two dedicated seperated fuel systems E85/ M! methanol
running a 240lb FID injector for my primary (street fuel system) and an 800lb Atomizer for my alcohol system. I have the alcohol system setup on a Electro-mechanical clutch system that is linked to a separate tune with an output pin from the dominator that activates it. As of right now I do not have staged injection as I believe on E85 alone the truck will make more than enough power on the street.

·
Registered
16,437 Posts
Irony is being called moronic by someone who "spoke to someone" on the subject. Typical internet expert with no direct experience but knows more than someone who has done it successfully for years and, to the best of my knowledge, I was the first one who ever actually ran a dual fuel system like this going back to 1993.

Reactions: Boosted Bullet

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Irony is being called moronic by someone who "spoke to someone" on the subject. Typical internet expert with no direct experience but knows more than someone who has done it successfully for years and, to the best of my knowledge, I was the first one who ever actually ran a dual fuel system like this going back to 1993.
your dual fuel is about to get a lot easier on the elite to do with the new staging process... you can blend in primarys and secondarys and then blend out primarys and back in later if you want...

·
Registered
838 Posts
The hardware is that easy. You can do that EXACTLY with a terminator. I spoke to someone who did EXACTLY that not that long ago.

Making that transient fueling stage work is tuning related. I didn't say the tune was easy.

Your conclusion is irrelevant to my point; this has been done before. And it can be done with tons of parts on the aftermarket. If you somehow feel hurt or whatever it is towards your accomplishments, I frankly don't care. My point still stands, and you seem to need to start some fruitless moronic argument that has no meaning to anyone but yourself.
so you spoke to a guy? Good.

·
Registered
16,437 Posts
your dual fuel is about to get a lot easier on the elite to do with the new staging process... you can blend in primarys and secondarys and then blend out primarys and back in later if you want...
That sounds like a nice improvement. Hopefully they will release that upgrade soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
so you spoke to a guy? Good.
Yeah. He even did a whole thread on how to do it for gen V stuff. Terminator X is just so damn easy.
I saw nothing wrong with his post either . You think THAT was moronic and you have been on this board for a year !
I've been reading yellow bullet for the last 10. I just never joined because I had tuner turbo cars, never a v8.

What's truly mind blowing to me, is that you guys have over 10k, 20k posts on yellowbullet, yet you don't know that secondary port injection is such a common thing now. With all the DI cars out there, it's increasingly popular. And of course guys are figuring out more and more ways to accomplish this. And with how good modern engine management is, it's a cake walk.

And on top of that you're acting like snowflakes because I said "...you seem to need to start some fruitless moronic argument that has no meaning to anyone but yourself."

This guy on the vette forums I talked to (because I wanted to setup a parallel e92 ecu to control spark, so it could command torque management, and more importantly a gen 5 transmission), did it first on an e38 ecu (a gen 4 ls ecu) as the secondary controller. To streamline it, he did a terminator, and even showed the fucking pinouts and what signals to split.

But I'm the idiot right? Because you can't imagine it, or figure out how to do it easily and simply, or don't understand how I explained it. Right right.

Go ahead google reverse image search. This guy tells you exactly what pins to pull out of the terminator harness, and then what to tap on the factory c7 harness to get the necessary signals.

20190828_151610_99ed054450822f35af5cccfe142baa8d0b54698d.jpg 20190828_151552_61dc9902c681bb204aef543dbfa46bdd4541993b.jpg 20190828_163627_2023f11abaa41b5038c49c48f66ee60f7fc00ea5.jpg 20190828_203325_8239f86b8dfd52e04df7b558486a8f873b7c7400.jpg 20190829_151855_6b136c31e16d7135d6dd8a0b942af9311e58fc8e.jpg

OH BUT WAIT THE TUNING THE TUNING YOU HAVE TO BUY A FUCKING HALTECH A HALTECH OTHERWISE ITS WAY TOO HARD

Oh wait. No it's not too hard.

image5_dfb3f22512a3b6507e31d1d5b5069cb7988ff186.png image4_f4a878e4e051fda91eb96ff1a022edd8187bdb9e.png

image7_853c512440947f961bb830f303dfe6f6799f0b1b.png imagr6_3c9a68c32436b59b22cf3ef8d3d61cb2fbda92f5.png image8_4fc3ee2effa4b5641386b3d72105b936ec6248d7.png

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don’t think it was a moronic as you put it. He/Topfun was merely highlighting the difficulty of a smooth transition when bringing in larger secondary injectors. Which could of easily been overlooked not considered.
It's moronic to attack something someone never said, to to try to prove them wrong. As I said, a moronic fruitless argument. But even to extend the basic principle I was discussing of using terminator x as the secondary controller, it really is quite easy in terminator to get it to work very well.

Adjusting that ramp in rate is actually quite doable with two parallel ecu's. That's exactly what water meth guys have been doing for a long ass time now.

Or to reach an even greater level of fundamental understanding/abstraction, one that someone of 25 years EFI experience should know, at the strip, there's really very little transient to tune. On the street, pretty straightforward with modern efi. If that motor is bogging on the second fuel stage, you're literally just over fueling the crap out of it and probably washing the cylinder walls. With a speed density tune you could do all kinds of different strategies to delay the onset of injector duty cycle. Especially with a boost refrence line on the secondary pump/return/rails... That's real straight forward. Like on the street, if that boost is spiking, you're spinning the wheels. If you're bogging when boost spikes, holy shit are you doing a bad job. If boost ramps in because you've got a nice manifold design, properly sized gate, couple solenoids (depending on the setup obviously), then transient tuning is pretty easy.

But I digress. I said it's easy to get the parts to make it work. This guy starts an argument because he wants to promote a product. Get that shit out of here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Let me finish uploading the tuning screenshots. This is IMPOSSIBLE without a haltech. It's not simple at all!

LMFAO imagine having over 10k posts on yellowbullet, and not even knowing how terminator x works in 2020, and then also claiming to be some kind of EFI wizard :ROFLMAO:
image3_b9528f7065b4613d84149b44c34a737aa3dd02b8.png image2_599ecc844bc02c77bb02c503c0fcfac025243101.png image1_23256b9f468c6036d6d738b62c1f5c920bf43772.png

·
Registered
43 Posts
Look at that. He had to zero out some cells and let holley do the interpolation OH MY GOD HOW HARD

Next the defense will be like "OH WELL I USED 30LB INJECTORS, YOU CAN'T PULSE WIDTH MODULATE A BIGGER BODY TO DRIVE AS CLEAN AS THESE LOW IMPEDENCE 30LB INJECTORS, IT'S NOT THE SAME" 🤣🤣🤣

Like I said before. There are a ton of ways to do this. And it's not that hard. We aren't having to resolder the rom back on and off to adjust the transient 🤣.

Sure some platforms and setups are going to be harder to tune than others, because some people have the cognitive problem solving ability of a dead mooses last shit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
im running the same setup on my truck with two dedicated seperated fuel systems E85/ M! methanol
running a 240lb FID injector for my primary (street fuel system) and an 800lb Atomizer for my alcohol system. I have the alcohol system setup on a Electro-mechanical clutch system that is linked to a separate tune with an output pin from the dominator that activates it. As of right now I do not have staged injection as I believe on E85 alone the truck will make more than enough power on the street.
View attachment 104173
Damn brother, those dimes look good. Did you Tig that yourself? And those runners are hot, they look thick enough to mig the bungs on... That fuel pump GOD DANG BROTHER. That is one spicy setup to run on the street. How much boost are you going to run on the street? And what ignition are you running?

·
Registered
16,437 Posts
No one ever said it was impossible without a Haltech. If you want to impress us on how great other strategies work show us a datalog that includes AFRs over a range before/after the additonial injectors kick in.

Additional note - if you want to provide an opinion or tech information, fine. Especially if you provide meaningful back up information. However, this is NOT the TOBT section so if you want to berate others I suggest you go back to TOBT where bad attitudes are expected.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Yeah. He even did a whole thread on how to do it for gen V stuff. Terminator X is just so damn easy.

I've been reading yellow bullet for the last 10. I just never joined because I had tuner turbo cars, never a v8.

What's truly mind blowing to me, is that you guys have over 10k, 20k posts on yellowbullet, yet you don't know that secondary port injection is such a common thing now. With all the DI cars out there, it's increasingly popular. And of course guys are figuring out more and more ways to accomplish this. And with how good modern engine management is, it's a cake walk.

And on top of that you're acting like snowflakes because I said "...you seem to need to start some fruitless moronic argument that has no meaning to anyone but yourself."

This guy on the vette forums I talked to (because I wanted to setup a parallel e92 ecu to control spark, so it could command torque management, and more importantly a gen 5 transmission), did it first on an e38 ecu (a gen 4 ls ecu) as the secondary controller. To streamline it, he did a terminator, and even showed the fucking pinouts and what signals to split.

But I'm the idiot right? Because you can't imagine it, or figure out how to do it easily and simply, or don't understand how I explained it. Right right.

Go ahead google reverse image search. This guy tells you exactly what pins to pull out of the terminator harness, and then what to tap on the factory c7 harness to get the necessary signals.

View attachment 104391 View attachment 104392 View attachment 104393 View attachment 104394 View attachment 104395

OH BUT WAIT THE TUNING THE TUNING YOU HAVE TO BUY A FUCKING HALTECH A HALTECH OTHERWISE ITS WAY TOO HARD

Oh wait. No it's not too hard.

View attachment 104399 View attachment 104400

View attachment 104396 View attachment 104397 View attachment 104398
So you're showing us screen shots of someone else's tune? I'm confused here. It seems you're going all ADHD and raging about everything else but showing us how easy it is to smoothly transition from one fuel to the next with separate sets of fuel injectors.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Damn brother, those dimes look good. Did you Tig that yourself? And those runners are hot, they look thick enough to mig the bungs on... That fuel pump GOD DANG BROTHER. That is one spicy setup to run on the street. How much boost are you going to run on the street? And what ignition are you running?
lol thanks! for the ignition system I am running the MSD Pro 600 CDi. gonna see what I can get to stick on the street powerwise. the truck is setup for No Prep. I plan on doing DragWeek with it too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No one ever said it was impossible without a Haltech. If you want to impress us on how great other strategies work show us a datalog that includes AFRs over a range before/after the additonial injectors kick in.

Additional note - if you want to provide an opinion or tech information, fine. Especially if you provide meaningful back up information. However, this is NOT the TOBT section so if you want to berate others I suggest you go back to TOBT where bad attitudes are expected.
Of course I will have a bad attitude when you first tell me I'm wrong, but then support your conclusion with completely parallel logic. As in, I am wrong because you have been doing this for 25 years. That shit is a joke. Then you went on to call me stupid because I told you that was a moronic argument.

Well sorry pal I don't care where we are on the planet but when someone uses non deductive or inductive logic to tell me I'm wrong, and to promote whatever company they're sponsored by, you're going to get a rude awakening from me. Then proceed to call me stupid with your buddies.
Again, your points never refuted anything I claimed. And at the end of the day look like a half ass attempt at promotion, because of your signature especially.

Now I even posted pictures of how simple it is to setup in various maps in terminator to say "Hey this is 100% possible" and not "just talking to some guy." And you're taking it back to some kind of "attitude" shit. I gave a thoughtful explanation of how to do this simply and easily SEVERAL ways, and made sure it was clear THERE ARE A LOT OF OPTIONS out there, and then you came in and said it was wrong, with no actual logical soundness.

Frankly that's a shit attitude from you, so I gave it right back, because I care about when things are right or wrong if I am the source of the information. If you got mad that I called your argument moronic, then you should just educate yourself on how arguments actually work.

Maybe you should also catch up on what is common practice in modern EFI, modern DI, and port methanol injection, outside of platforms you use. I had a haltech. They have great GUI. But damn saying something is wrong, when it first of all just isn't... and then not actually giving a real explanation of how it is wrong... That's just bad for everyone. That's actually a "bad actor." These posts stay up for years, and people read them for years to come. This type of dialogue shapes the future of our Motorsports.

Get it right, or at least give an argument that doesn't rely on some kind of argument of authority, where you're just this crazy tuner. EFI isn't magic. The engine is just a pump. Computers and GUI are becoming incredibly streamlined. People shouldn't fear it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
lol thanks! for the ignition system I am running the MSD Pro 600 CDi. gonna see what I can get to stick on the street powerwise. the truck is setup for No Prep. I plan on doing DragWeek with it too.
What the hell man. On a stick? What kind of trans are you going to run to hold that? That's badass, I give you props. I hope you setup a youtube channel. I made a youtube channel that turned out to be relatively successful only using my cellphone and a 9$ lavalier mic (one with 3 rings on it, made for cellphones; gives you a mono input). So I hope you can find a way to film those runs and trips. At the very least to show friends and family! If you do, let me know I'd love to watch, and maybe even help if you need (for video part lol)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts