Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposed to be meeting w/ the new management @ Gateway in a few weeks, but I'd like to get an idea on how much interest there would be for this. Looking to run at least X275, TT5 and index classes with the possibility of having an Outlaw Radial & Outlaw 10.5 classes. All heads-up classes would be 1/8 mile and index would be 1/4. Shooting for a Saturday (possible Friday night 1st round qualifying/T&T) in May or September/October date to avoid the heat and I'm going to try to avoid as many regional and big national events like Shakedown & Duck's races as possible. Payouts would be decent. No $10k to win, but you'll get more than a $100 bill and a handshake.

Option's still out there if Monty wants to have a spring YB Nationals too. :-D

·
AMP Racing member
3,473 Posts
How about copying the Street Car Shootout Series that Cecil County has. It's monthly and a pretty good event.

Regardless - Best of success to you.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about copying the Street Car Shootout Series that Cecil County has. It's monthly and a pretty good event.

Regardless - Best of success to you.
Thanks, I'll look into it. I'm fine w/ copying someone else's format. Don't care about being original, just want to see some racing at the old swamp again.

·
Registered
768 Posts
you would be smart to look at indy's RAGE race
a few guys from that area come to indy to race Scott Lowery being one

·
Registered
152 Posts
Supposed to be meeting w/ the new management @ Gateway in a few weeks, but I'd like to get an idea on how much interest there would be for this. Looking to run at least X275, TT5 and index classes with the possibility of having an Outlaw Radial & Outlaw 10.5 classes. All heads-up classes would be 1/8 mile and index would be 1/4. Shooting for a Saturday (possible Friday night 1st round qualifying/T&T) in May or September/October date to avoid the heat and I'm going to try to avoid as many regional and big national events like Shakedown & Duck's races as possible. Payouts would be decent. No $10k to win, but you'll get more than a $100 bill and a handshake.

Option's still out there if Monty wants to have a spring YB Nationals too. :-D
I don't care if they put wheel chair races on, Just get something going soon. I know plenty on racers chomping at the bit to race, Everyday someone calls me up " Have you heard anything yet about Gateway"

·
Registered
876 Posts
I think it would be great... even the old monthly battle of the boards had really good turnouts. Cannot beat the location, St Louis is about equal distance for almost everyone except the "left coast". The only thing to consider is maybe the full 1/4 since the shutdown length is pretty good and so many other races are 1/8 mile already.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Sounds cool, I'm in for something, really anything at this point. Just need a dragstrip 20 min from my house again!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
How about running it the week after the national event race? Maybe the track would a little better than usual... It always seemed that I ran the best the week after the NHRA race.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
May be worth getting Kurt involved in this approach to the leasee.
Im game, but it needs to be handled better than in the past, payouts draw cars, some dont like it, but you need the 3 p's!
Promote it, Prep it, Pay it, imo!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Love the idea. My car WILL be ready for next season. :cool:

·
Registered
537 Posts
would love to race closer to home. always was a great track.

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Never missed a World Ford Challenge when they had them there. Great facility. Count me in for some X275 if they have any next year.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Love the idea. My car WILL be ready for next season. :cool:
Awesome Barry. VAMP is one of the race series that I'm going to plan around too, so the KC guys should be able to make it if they want. :cool:

As for the WFC, it'd be nice to get something setup around the old WFC dates (May 12/19). ;)

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Would be awesome!! I think we could get a few other VAMP cars to come out aswell.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts