Yellow Bullet Forums banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just remember your on household water pressure, which is much higher than what the pumps in the cars can do. Only way to know for sure is see how much back pressure it had while flowing water thru it.

Did some research and decided to Disconect supply/return lines and soak with CLR for about 30 min then flush with water hose. Got alot of slimy looking scaly debris out of there. Flow seems to have improved on the return side at the tank visibly, less backpressure by feel on the pump line going to the core as well.

Found a 3500 Sealflo bilge for cheap, going to throw that in and retest. Not ready to bite the $$$ yet for the LPE.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Just remember your on household water pressure, which is much higher than what the pumps in the cars can do. Only way to know for sure is see how much back pressure it had while flowing water thru it.
Righto^^^^^

Before embarking on all the water pump/IC testing I did I checked what my house was. 82psi and 6.5gpm. I would have thought the house had more gpm.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Did some research and decided to Disconect supply/return lines and soak with CLR for about 30 min then flush with water hose. Got alot of slimy looking scaly debris out of there. Flow seems to have improved on the return side at the tank visibly, less backpressure by feel on the pump line going to the core as well.

Found a 3500 Sealflo bilge for cheap, going to throw that in and retest. Not ready to bite the $$$ yet for the LPE.
Ya, that would be a better test as to how it will do in the car. Since those are a volume pump that do low PSI.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I made a pump change on my car this weekend. I switched from a PRP billet remote 50 GPH engine cooling pump (very nice pump) to a Davies Craig EWP 150. with the voltage regulated to 14 volts during both tests, filling approx 5.5 gal bucket the old pump took 58.6 seconds to fill the bucket, the Davies Craig only took 18.5ish seconds! My plumbing consists of approx 10' of 1.25" ID hard plastic line with 3 45's, 6' 1.25" id flex hose, and 2 -12an lines ea 4' long. Through a 417 Motorsports intercooler and back through a return line that basically duplicates the supply line.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I made a pump change on my car this weekend. I switched from a PRP billet remote 50 GPH engine cooling pump (very nice pump) to a Davies Craig EWP 150. with the voltage regulated to 14 volts during both tests, filling approx 5.5 gal bucket the old pump took 58.6 seconds to fill the bucket, the Davies Craig only took 18.5ish seconds! My plumbing consists of approx 10' of 1.25" ID hard plastic line with 3 45's, 6' 1.25" id flex hose, and 2 -12an lines ea 4' long. Through a 417 Motorsports intercooler and back through a return line that basically duplicates the supply line.
NICE

·
Registered
487 Posts
ANY UPDATES ON THIS?
Squidd, anyone?

About to finish up the rear ice tank on my '14 GT500. Thankfully I have the updated OEM pump, but I don't want to disturb the factory compnents upfront.
I had thought of just adding a second stock pump in the rear off the tank until reading this entire thread.
Not sure I want to keep it to just the single stock pump in front, also not sure I want to spend $550 on the LPE although it is very nice and the best solution with the OEM lines/intercooler.
Any other pump options explored?
-J

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
ANY UPDATES ON THIS?
Squidd, anyone?

About to finish up the rear ice tank on my '14 GT500. Thankfully I have the updated OEM pump, but I don't want to disturb the factory compnents upfront.
I had thought of just adding a second stock pump in the rear off the tank until reading this entire thread.
Not sure I want to keep it to just the single stock pump in front, also not sure I want to spend $550 on the LPE although it is very nice and the best solution with the OEM lines/intercooler.
Any other pump options explored?
-J
Way way better than a factory pump. the factory pump does not move alot of water!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
The high flow/low psi pumps work like crap in most IC setups period.:( The only way I have been able to get them to work well is with REALLY big lines/fittings, which in a lot of cases isn't possible.

There aren't many high pressure pumps to choose from though. The Lingenfelter works good. But it's pricey, kind of a bitch to mount and pulls a ton of power. Meziere has a pump they are about to release that is supposed to kick the guts out of the Lingenfelter. But it's HUGE and $$$$$$. They are sending me a prototype to test here shortly. We'll see what it does.
Any info on this new meziere pump? I currently have 20' of -16 lines going to a HE then to two garrett 1000hp cores and another 20' back to the tank. It works ok I can get inlet temps down to the 50s before a run but am seeing 110-120* at the end of the run. This is at 50 -52psi of boost. Not terrible but I am going with a bigger tank now and wouldn't mind upgrading to the baddest thing out since I can't run any bigger lines and have a couple 90* and 45* fittings in the system as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why are the pump data graphs not visible anymore? Also on the LPE website you cannot view the pump data from the link they provide. I am looking for a intercooler pump to run fulltime.

Mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just bought this davies craig pump and uploaded a video of it here does not show much but maybe of help to some people on here

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Jason/LPE what about the Pierburg pump on the 2013-2014 GT500 vs the Varimax or ZL1 pumps (ZL1 not being an aftermarket option because no pigtail is available correct?)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nobody home?
I guess not, I'm just adding a second stock '13-14 GT500 pump to the rear ice tank.
I think the Lingenfelter pump is best but twice the price, I can get the GT500 for $275.
No definite answer having 2 pumps in series.
-J

·
Registered
49,338 Posts
I guess not, I'm just adding a second stock '13-14 GT500 pump to the rear ice tank.
I think the Lingenfelter pump is best but twice the price, I can get the GT500 for $275.
No definite answer having 2 pumps in series.
-J
at least a 50% increase, and double the pressure

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
How are the ZR1/LSA cooling circuits ran - reservoir, pump, IC brick back to reservoir, or some other order? Is there a most efficient way? Considering your stuffing ice into a reservoir make it change any?

What about reservoir sizing, assuming no icing in a street car, how much water would you want to park in the system, obviously more is better because itll be a better heat sink but... couple gallons, 5 gallons?

161 - 180 of 185 Posts