Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Damn, my 55gpm meziere pump is awful per that test.

I'll have to re-read the thread, but what voltage are the pumps being tested at? I know the difference in flow rate on my meziere is pretty significant when running it at 16v compared to 12v.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am just hoping my system is not too terribly restrictive as I will be using the $100 rule 2000 pump.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Bump for results.

Has anyone tried LPE's modded pump out yet and what are the results?

I'm really considering one for my Saleen SC281 street car.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
what pressure are most a/w operating at? is 0-5 normal or 10-15 psi normal or?

I just installed a psi sensor before my a/w IC this weekend. it made 2-3psi only, I got a rule 2000 w/ -16 lines plus I run the water threw the heads after the IC. 16v battery so the pump is down on flow a little, Rule rates the flow at 24v
gona run the car tomorrow so I'll get to see if it stays like that.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I'm gettin ready to try the pump now and lpe just did testing on the ford gt Supercar pump for me and were about to test it now at 20v instead of 14 where your altinator runs at..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I just installed a psi sensor before my a/w IC this weekend. it made 2-3psi only, I got a rule 2000 w/ -16 lines plus I run the water threw the heads after the IC. 16v battery so the pump is down on flow a little, Rule rates the flow at 24v
gona run the car tomorrow so I'll get to see if it stays like that.

If you don't mind, please give us all the details.

Street or race, turbo or sc, what IC is it, etc? I'm assuming race car since your running water to the heads in this system.

This will help us all do a better job of compairing apples to apples.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just my opinion here, but i think the goal is to fine the best "cooling" pump on cars that run heat exchangers with ICs AND / OR are street driven.

I think the big ice water tanks with Rule sub pumps have the race cars with A to W IC taken care of. Alteast thats what was best on my race car. I just don't see the Rule submersible pumps handeling the hot water of street car with HE for a long period of time.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
If you don't mind, please give us all the details.

Street or race, turbo or sc, what IC is it, etc? I'm assuming race car since your running water to the heads in this system.

This will help us all do a better job of compairing apples to apples.

6 sec race car w/ F3 & sbf motor. biggest 3 core IC Chiseled Perf makes. I run all aeroquip hose & fittings. -16 from my 7gal ice water tank to IC then -16 to midplate & 1 -12 hose to & from each head back to a single -16 return hose at the midplate.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Just my opinion here, but i think the goal is to fine the best "cooling" pump on cars that run heat exchangers with ICs AND / OR are street driven.

I think the big ice water tanks with Rule sub pumps have the race cars with A to W IC taken care of. Alteast thats what was best on my race car. I just don't see the Rule submersible pumps handeling the hot water of street car with HE for a long period of time.

I agree Rule pumps don't like heat. I had 1 go bad after I let my water get up to 180 degs for a few min to help seat in a new set of rings.
submerged in ice water I havn't had an issue.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
6 sec race car w/ F3 & sbf motor. biggest 3 core IC Chiseled Perf makes. I run all aeroquip hose & fittings. -16 from my 7gal ice water tank to IC then -16 to midplate & 1 -12 hose to & from each head back to a single -16 return hose at the midplate.

Damn bro, you should try the Rule 3700 pump. Big difference compared to the 2000.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I run a meziere 55 gpm with a tank in the trunk and two -12 feed lines and two -12 returns. I run the pump at 16v. Unfortunately, my pump is mounted to the tank so I don't know how motivated I would be to switch the pumps out. I definitely am interested in hearing Dan's results.

I'm also still curious at what voltage the tests were done.

·
Registered
697 Posts
haha I was looking at the 3700 this morning.
The price has dropped dramatically on the 3700's. I think I Paris 250 for a used one when I did my car. Three yreas ago. Last year they were like a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Ok so how does the old school Jabsco pump compare to the ones tested here? Curious to see how much better they are.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I should be able to answer that question very soon. I did a little home bench test on the Jabsco Model # 50840-0012 this weekend.

I hooked the pump up to a 12-volt battery, ran 2' of an 12 (3/4") suction hose to a resevoir, 2' of and 12 discharge hose to a dual pass Afco HE, then 2' of an 12 hose to a 1000HP intercooler, then 1' an 12 hose back to resevoir. THIS PUMP KICKED ASS!!! My testing wasn't very scientific but by my calcuations, thru this entire system, i was still able to acheive around 20 GPM, maybe a lil more.

I have a Stewart EMP headed my way. I'll test it next, then i'll put one or maybe both on my Saleen street car to see which actually produces lower IATs.

41 - 60 of 185 Posts