Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where would be the best location to mount a pt3000 intercooler in a single turbo stock suspension radial mustang , 3200-lb class weight , (car will be scaled)

1)Passenger seat ( been advised that it would work better there being that it would off set the weight of the driver ) also would save on duct work .

2) rear seat location like most have them located

greatful for any info, thanks .:confused:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ours is under the pass. side dash. It was a little tight for the piping but it turned out clean. If you do put it in the pass. seat area, make sure your driver can get over it if he has to make an emergency exit on the pass. side.

OOPS! missed the Mustang part. LOL

·
Registered
840 Posts
mine isnt a pt3000 but mine is in middle of back seat where the tranny hump is. This way u can stack the tubing by the passenger seat if u have 1 & get out of the car on the passenger side if need to or take ur friend for a ride. More stock lookin w/full interior & passenger seat :)

·
Collecting dust
4,534 Posts
Mine is right behind the passenger seat with the intercooler piping run under the seat. I can carry a passenger (though the foot room isn't very good) and I can still get out on the passenger side easily if need be.

The in car plumbing was done by Bridge Racing in Southhaven MS. You can see more pictures of the car during two seperate builds on Marvin and Joey's website. The car was owned by Don Sphar at that time.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
do you have any pics of the eng bay?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts