Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
The point I was trying to make with the OP is that he is going to turn up the boost to a whopping 20psi next season, zero need to go to the trouble at that power. He's a grown man and this is America so he can do any thing he wants to. I just stated IAT temps should be of no concern at 20psi on methanol and what you read in the plenum is not what is happening in the chamber.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
And I think it may be a valid point. But I have no data to show either way. Don't really want to put a temp sensor below the injector. And even if I did, I would have nobody to share data with. And absolutely you are right that the air when it is used is where the temperature is an important thing. At lower boost levels, yes the IAT should be lower than with high boost levels, but not ideal. Then add methanol cooling at the top of a longer port, and again at the bottom of the intake......that may have done all the cooling needed. If extra nozzles gave me a tenth with no extra boost, that would be great. Not certain it would.
Might be something to play with after upping the boost from where I am at. Honestly, the wise thing for me is to keep the boost at or under 16 for regular bracket races.....that is about 7.30's. And get after it only for the fast bracket races. Easy on parts and less risk of tire spin or shake.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The point I was trying to make with the OP is that he is going to turn up the boost to a whopping 20psi next season, zero need to go to the trouble at that power. He's a grown man and this is America so he can do any thing he wants to. I just stated IAT temps should be of no concern at 20psi on methanol and what you read in the plenum is not what is happening in the chamber.
sorry didn't realize it was on such low boost, I don't even turn mine on till more boost than that

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
No worries Dale. I thought you might have missed that little detail. This new format makes it tough to follow at least to me anyway.

·
Registered
16,330 Posts
I wouldn't worried about putting a temp sensor in the intake runner. I really don't think it's going to affect/disturb the air flow any measurable amount. I have one in my #5 intake runner downstream of my E85 injectors (they come on at 5lbs boost) and I see the temperature drop down to 90 deg F by the end of the run. I'm also measuring inlet temp after the intercooler before the injectors and I typically see 160 deg F at the end of the run. Note: Both temps are "lagging" actual temps due to the time response of the sensors so the 90 is slightly high (it starts at 140+) and the other is low (it starts at 90ish).

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks for the feedback all. Since I have nozzles mounted high, and methanol in both the nozzles and the injectors, additional pre cooling at lower boost levels may not be fruitful. If I ever get a wild hair to stick some in, I will report back with results.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts