Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock bottom end LT1, with heads that flow about 275/190, I DD the car, and shift point is 6400-6500 ish.

I have the stock crappy LT1 intake on it now, and was wondering when would a new intake be beneficial?

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Well the work required to make that crappy stock intake top notch is mind blowing when you get the bill for it. The next step after that is a Super Vic converted over for you for the LT1, but most likely you need more RPM to get there.

What kind of power do you make now? Most likely right now the intake manifold is not going to be a problem for a while.

Bret

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the work required to make that crappy stock intake top notch is mind blowing when you get the bill for it. The next step after that is a Super Vic converted over for you for the LT1, but most likely you need more RPM to get there.

What kind of power do you make now? Most likely right now the intake manifold is not going to be a problem for a while.

Bret
Didn't know you were on here... but its a set of LE2s with one of your cams Bret. Stalled auto though, so prob not that much Hp.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Well now I know the thing is narrow enough! If anything worry about the converter, spend the money on something like a Coan and you will get more MPH out of that than anything you are going to spend on the intake.

Just had a killer set of LT4's and a LT4 intake come out of here for a 7500rpm Hyd Roller deal and that thing wasn't cheap, unless you are really digging into the induction system get the rest of the car working first.

Bret

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well now I know the thing is narrow enough! If anything worry about the converter, spend the money on something like a Coan and you will get more MPH out of that than anything you are going to spend on the intake.

Just had a killer set of LT4's and a LT4 intake come out of here for a 7500rpm Hyd Roller deal and that thing wasn't cheap, unless you are really digging into the induction system get the rest of the car working first.

Bret
Heh, was that Chris's setup? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Yes... cool deal we got to really go all out on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts