Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question about porting an intake on a SBC Toilet injected engine.

Most carb manifolds benefit from porting due to fuel atomization issues.

Would porting the intake benefit on an methanol injected engine where the injectors are just upstream of the heads?

The methanol carries oxygen into the cylinder and a large amount of fuel flows because of the injection so you dont have all the issues of carbs and having to pull the fuel into the engine.

My engine currently has a 3.750 toilet but I also have a 4.00 air valve going on the new engine which is 405 inches vrs the old 388.

My heads have been worked extensively but I dont have any flow numbers. Intake is a Hurricane straight out of the box high rise single plane. Drag race only.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
11,838 Posts
I have a toilet on my SBC and I have ported the crapper out of the manifold and its gone quicker and quicker (at 335 cubes). Its a Brodix HV1000. I also run a 2" spacer, also ported to match the manifold and the toilet. I have done some more porting over the off season and my manifold flange opening is around 4.25" x 4.25" now, but I haven't run it yet with the bigger engine I now have (421 cubes). That is happening next week.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts