Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the people who have actually done this and i'm not talking about back yard dremel porters. The dividers on the LS supervictor come really far out into the plenum. I know that by pulling the dividers back i'm going to lose low end and pick up in the higher rpm range. But here's my question, i've converted my intake to a 4500 flange (Performance Inductions/Mast Motorsports for whatever reason won't sell one of their intakes un cnc'd so i thought i'd just make my own) and as you can see the dividers are way out into the plenum. I haven't touched any of the inside of the intake with a grinder yet but i'm wondering how much i should pull the runners back? 1/2 of an inch, 1inch or more? I'll be shifting this thing at about 9k so it is going to be turning some rpms. If anyone has any experience of helpful advice i'm all ears.
I still have a lot of work to do on it but so far but here's what i've done right now. Just got it back from the welder a few days ago, put it on the bridgeport and milled the weld off to make it look nice and took my grinder to grind the weld down to make the outside look more stock appearing as i plan to paint/powdercoat it later.

Excuse the picture quality as they were taken with my cell phone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should use some one with a lot of time in this field
I have seen people cut the runner dividers and lose power
they sharpend them too much

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
You should use some one with a lot of time in this field
I have seen people cut the runner dividers and lose power
they sharpend them too much
Treed!!! What that in that picture??? Looks like an oversized dremel to me!!!! lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi my name is Andrew, I work for Harry Heads and Automitive Machine in Sioux City, IA. We are a full race shop from machine work building race motors and cylinder heads and intake porting I personal am I cylinder head and intake porter ive been doing this for over 4 years myself and others there have been doing it since the 80's we have a super flow sf600 flow bench we flow all heads and intakes on i would say looking at your pictures you would want to take about a half inch off but hard to say would have to see it in person saying that we would love to work on your manifold if you would be intersted our shop number is 712-277-2911 5212 military Rd. Sioux City, IA 51109 we are very reasonable on prices and do very quality work. We do business for peolple all over the country. Thank you hope to hear from you Andrew.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts