Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are most people not using the pads made for the nitrous nozzles when having an intake tapped for a fogger? I have an intake that didn't use them either. I am purchasing a new intake in the next week or so and I was wondering why the majority avoid using those pads? is there a specific reason? I don't want to tap them if there is a problem with doing so. My next intake is a Profiler brand.

Thx, Jim

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Most of them are not in a ideal location to aim the nozzle or for plumbing clearance.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Another reason, the pads are for 90 degree (soft plume) nozzles. Annular nozzles require weld-in bungs to achieve a vertical angle.

Like Mike said, clearance. I had a soft plume plumbed in an intake once, got it home and the valve covers wouldn't go on so I had the soft plume removed and an annular kit installed.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
Seldom are those factory pads in the right place. With a single system, you want the nozzle mounted as high in the runner as you can get it and still have a straight shot at the port. This gives it time to atomize better. Also 90* to the runner, is not always where the nozzle should be. Remember, the intake port rolls downward in the head, so you may need to angle the nozzle towards the intake face, to get a good pattern and not having it spraying at the roof of the intake or port.

Monte

1 - 4 of 4 Posts