Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a high quality company recommended to convert a 4bbl intake to EFI? Someone who makes show quality welds and understands the importance of bung height and angle. I can only think of Wilson but just wondering if there are other places of equal quality?

Mike

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Kevin Thompson at Hot Rod Solutions. The work is immaculate. He converted my SB2.2 manifold to EFI and fab'd the rails/hold downs. I'm a welding engineer by trade, and the quality of his welds and machine work is why I chose him over IS to do the conversion. He was also very communicative and had it turned around and back to me in < 2 weeks.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
If the intake is not really custom, there may be new ones with bungs already in that would be cheaper. One thing to consider.
Mine was ported, so I used the mill to locate the aluminum bungs, had them welded by a trusted local welder that does nice work, then came back with a burr and trimmed off the extra inside the port.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kevin Thompson at Hot Rod Solutions. The work is immaculate. He converted my SB2.2 manifold to EFI and fab'd the rails/hold downs. I'm a welding engineer by trade, and the quality of his welds and machine work is why I chose him over IS to do the conversion. He was also very communicative and had it turned around and back to me in < 2 weeks.
I think its called EFISolutions? I was looking at that this morning, good to hear a recommendation. I think Marcella is working for someone else now?
Mike

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
I do them as well. PM or email my address in my signature and I'll send you some pictures. I'm a Billet Atomizer dealer as well.

·
Registered
16,195 Posts
Last I heard, John Marcella is back out on his own now. He is the man when talking aluminum welding work.

·
Q(t)=&#7745;Cp&#916;T
26,312 Posts
I did it myself. If the manifold doesn't already have EFI pads, buy EFI bungs and machine the manifold yourself on a vertical mill. You can get someone to weld it up, you already did the hard work.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Check local machine / welding shops; a lot of the places that can do this very well tend to rely on local customers and don't have a national reputation. I had a place called Nunley Machine Shop in Covington, Georgia rework my slant six intake for EFI, and they did a good job of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kevin Thompson did mine and I couldn't be happier. Quality work at a reasonable price. I contacted several others, two mentioned above, and got no response within a week, Emailed Kevin and had a response in less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Are you attached to the intake you want to convert? You didn't really say. Off the shelf efi intakes are available for a lot of applications.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts