Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Insurance company are you guys using for your Street/Strip Cars? I was going to go with Haggerty, but they turned me down. They said the engine HP was too much for them. So much for being honest on the application...........

·
Registered
261 Posts
grundy
my car in the picture
i sent them 8 pics of the car and it was no questions asked
the packet that was emailed to me i printed out and faxed back with a very brief description.
hag, wants OEM cars grundy wants them all.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Grundy Worldwide through Philadelphia INS co.

Grundy Worldwide was about 1/2 the price of going through normal Grundy, and the people at Phil. INS were awesome at getting me the coverage and INS info for registration.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
State Farm wrote me a $20k policy for about $150.00 a year. All I did was provide pictures, and showed that it has an antique tag where the mileage is limited to 2k annually.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
subscribing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Will these policies pay for the car if it's wrecked at the track? I'm just asking since I have no idea on these type policies. What is a basic rundown off this type of policy?

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
Will these policies pay for the car if it's wrecked at the track? I'm just asking since I have no idea on these type policies. What is a basic rundown off this type of policy?
My insurance will cover untimed events at the track, such as HPDE.

You will need track day insurance or something like what Lutz is offering. None of the described policies above are going to cover your car if you are racing it and crash at the track. Or they might, but they aren't supposed to.

It's basically insanely cheap insurance for an agreed value policy that covers a car which isn't intended to be a daily driver.

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
I'm glad I just read through my latest policy with Grundy WW.

This was added in on an additional page which my original policy did not have.

There is no coverage provided by this policy while “your covered auto” is: used for organized or
impromptu racing, rallying, participation in any speed contest or time competitive event, or while
driven on a racetrack for any reason.

So HPDE is no longer covered. Good to know!

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Let's revive this thread, eh? I am interested in shopping insurance for my occasional use street shitboxes, not my DDs (necessarily). I would advise people to do this regularly, but, that said, I can't remember the last time I did it myself.

Who uses whom for underwriters, and what does it cost you? :unsure:

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I have 2 cars on my classic car policy, now with Hagerty. My 72 SS 454 El Camino, 90% track use, 10% street use. Insured for 15k, nothing at the track, and I'm good with that. If I wreck it I'd part it.
My 70 SS 454 Chevelle, 4 speed all original, restored, they value it at 76,500. Their number they put on it, not mine, good with that. Zero deductible on both, unlimited mileage. Just a little over $500. a year for both. Was with American something or other, then Infinity, but they got out of the classic car insurance business last year, they switched me over to Hagerty. Got estimates, but they were the best deal and rates, and references.
Geico for the wifes Hemi Challenger RT, my Yukon, Tahoe, and Dodge pickup, 200. a month for that stuff.

·
Moderater
13,081 Posts
X2 with Hagerty. I’ve been using them for 25 years. Currently have four cars insured through them. I have never had a claim thankfully but know plenty that have and they are always accommodating.

Reactions: DougA

·
Registered
143 Posts
Grundy here. 67 Camaro RS/SS at $30K agreed and 55 Chevy 210 at $40K agreed costs me $500 a year. $0 deductible

·
Registered
277 Posts
Does Haggerty cover if you are driving to/from work or any non-pleasure driving? I've been paying normal street prices on my 2006 Corvette convertible with State Farm, but with the addition of the 2017 Camaro SS to the stable, the Corvette is getting driven so little the past year or so. Thinking of going to some other insurance. But I still mostly drive the 1-2K miles/year back and forth to work.

·
Moderater
13,081 Posts
Does Haggerty cover if you are driving to/from work or any non-pleasure driving? I've been paying normal street prices on my 2006 Corvette convertible with State Farm, but with the addition of the 2017 Camaro SS to the stable, the Corvette is getting driven so little the past year or so. Thinking of going to some other insurance. But I still mostly drive the 1-2K miles/year back and forth to work.
It’s not mileage limited but also not for daily drivers. The Corvette might qualify, I’d give them a call. It’s agreed value and will probably save you some money.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts