Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the length and height of the instant center really matter as long as you can achieve the desired anti squat percentage? Thanks .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have read that IC in front of the the center of gravity tends to lift the front end . That is not an issue. I have a fox body with the old school Moser 9". The upper mounts on the rear housing are pretty high . Making the uppers angle down. I remember hooking hard with a 400hp 351c ten years ago with Southsides and jerking the front end 12" off the ground. I now have just solid upper and lowers and the thing blows the tires off like crazy. I am experimenting with different ride heights . I have installed a set of adjustable spring upper locaters from Wolfe and am considering installing a set of adjustable lca brackets on the rear housing. problem is with the severe downward angle of the uppers it is very hard to get any length on the IC. Whew !! Would be way ahead of the game just to go with a 8.8 I think.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You also could send the housing to Dave at Team Z and he could fix the upper mounts!! It well fix the geometry issues. Not sure the cost but is better than fighting traction problems!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts