Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a car recently and has adj lower control mounting locations on the rear. im having an issue with the car wanting to wheelie hard. i was going to try to change the mounting location on the control arm. ive tried every setting in the shock, strut, air pressure, leaving with more nitrous etc. if i lower the rear of the control arm how will that affect the car? and if i raise the back of the control arm what will it do? right now the control arm is pointing up if looking at it from rear of the car. top control arms and in the stock location

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Then you have not added enough air to the tires or tightend the shocks enough. How limited is the front?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Raising the rear of the lower will reduce the height and move the instant center forward if the uppers are pointed downward. This will reduce the hit (anti squat will be reduced).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Raising the rear of the lower will reduce the height and move the instant center forward if the uppers are pointed downward. This will reduce the hit (anti squat will be reduced).
thank you. did more research and made some calls and got this also from a couple people. the control are is now 2deg going down in the front compared to the rocker of the car. it was 4deg up. now im kinda worried about the upper. the lip of the car is 26 1/4in with a 29.5 on it. car is pretty low and the upper is pointed down pretty hard

also there is limiters on the front, struts are full tight and there is 0 travel in the front end.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
If your staying that hooked on a Bias tire, Add air to the back tires and tighten the shocks, or more power, there is no reason a guy cant get enough wheel speed to keep the front down at some point. It has to be a handful if the front is locked down that hard.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Not to highjack this thread, but if he was using radials and had this problem, what would you do differently. Longer instant center and less anitsquat?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I think the question of, if you want to go faster or get rid of the wheelies is in order. This seems to be a balance problem, not an IC problem. Your center of gravity is too high for your power and traction. The choices are less power or traction or lower and move center of gravity forward. The rest are band aids that do one of these things. To actually use all the power and traction you have you must address the third part of the balance equation. Don't make it too hard. If front limiting isn't doing the job, that there has to tell you something. You just have to decide if you have too much HP and traction or a car that sits too high.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Not to highjack this thread, but if he was using radials and had this problem, what would you do differently. Longer instant center and less anitsquat?
`

The radial has to stay dead hooked. I would limit front by slowing the front shock ext then limiting it to pick weight up. Tighten the rear shock ext till the 60' drops off. and move weight forwards.

A wheelie on a Bias tire is a lack of power for how the car is set up. A slipping bias tire is faster than a dead hooked bias tire. Its a hard balance to find without wheelie bars and hurts many a nice car on a small tire.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts