Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will this new cam spool and rpm with high boost? Here are my specs for my twin turbo billet 6765 LS 408 combo: It is a HUC lobe and the specs are 239/243 .620/.627 cut on 115 IC is 115+3.... Intake = 7 btdc and 51 abdc; Exhaust = 59 bbdc and 3 atdc. This is a daily driver so it is not too aggressive but hopefully it will be stable and pull cleanly to 6500 rpm's. More info in my sig. I hope this cam is better than my last one.... I just removed an XER lobe camshaft which was not too stable with rpm's and boost. Street boost is around 15 pounds (pump gas w/meth) and will hit the track soon to try and max this thing out with C16. thanks for any input/advice.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Forgot to mention i'm running K800 springs with 180 on the seat. This is a hyd roller.

*Mods, please move this to the LS section if needed. Thanks

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
HUC on both or HUC/LSL?

I personally wouldve gone a touch bigger. That IVC seems kinda early for a long runner intake and that stroke. Something about 55 might work better. Id have also pushed the EVO out farther. A stock LS9 cam is at 59-60 iirc. Id have looked at about 63 maybe 1-2 more. I also wouldnt have worried about letting the overlap climb to 15 or 16 with that Tfs head.
244/250 on a 116+3 would be Ivo 9 ivc 55 evo 55 evc 6.

Maybe something to look at if that stick gets to feeling small.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, HUC on both. I will keep your specs handy because i'm never satisfied, lol. Thanks John

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Whoops EVO shoulda read 64

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe they are not both HUC.... my cam card doesn't specify which lobe it is but i remember the guy who spec'd it said he was going to use a HUC. Oh well, i'll give it a shot and update next week when i'm rolling again. Thanks again!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Why so much dur for a street motor?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey matt, that is about the same size cam that i pulled out of my motor and it was very mild, even for a daily driver. You could barely hear that it had any cam in it. I guess the lobe seperation calms it down.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
That should work fine. You could go a little lower LSA and keep the ICL in the same place. Could probably drop some lift also without much if any penalty as those heads are done at .600 lift.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Drop the lsa.....increase the overlap... Open the exhaust valve later...

Yea uhhhh no. He has twin turbos....if anything, you would go.the exact OPPOSITE of what you said.

Matt a 239 duration lobe in a 408 inh windsor is actually fairly mild. Its middle of the road for a turbo motor.

It should drive quite nicely. Thats a popular lobe even.with the 5.7 crowd. Sounds a little nastier and bigger when its on 346 inches instead of 408.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts