Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about ready to give up.
i was going to use that shower board that everyone seems to use in my searches and from people ive talked to. the top chips off of that stuff so easy so i got the thick plastic stuff like you normally see in bathroom walls and flipped it to the smooth flat side (the back)
got it screwed up and noticed there is no way to keep it tight so to speak. 4ft piece, roof is 2ft on centers, so i have 3 rows of screws in the board and it sags between the beams.

it had a factory ceiling out of cheap wood from pace and i ripped it down. going to do white walls so i wanted everything to match. thats exactly what i need is a match:-Daw
there is 1x2 wood screwed to match the roof bows.
i have thought about talking all of it down and running new boards front to back so i can screw the ceiling off more to keep it from sagging in between the beams.

also thought about covering the entire ceiling with plywood, then comming back with the white board but im afraid its going to be too much weight for the beams. dont want water puddling on the roof.

now i know why they get a fortune for finished interiors.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
I redid mine last year and just put up the 1/4 luan with liquid nails and staples. used lattice for the seams and caulked everything including the staple holes and painted it with oil base gloss white looks good, and pretty easy and cheap. I like the idea of gluing the frp board to a luan sub base, if you do that make sure you use the glue made for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts