Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Having had a hankering to build a naturally-aspirated combination for some time, Alan Pennywitt decided in ’99 to buy a ’69 Chevelle to restore and race in the All Motor ranks at Milan Dragway in Michigan.

Even though its eleven-second elapsed-times weren’t competitive, it served as an entry into heads-up racing, and it wasn’t long before he committed to stepping up and bought the ’69 Chevelle he has now as a roller in ’05. After repeatedly referring to it as a “hoopty,” he stripped from it everything but its roof, firewall and rocker-panels.

“The car was black primer and its body and interior were in very rough shape, but I had a clear vision of how I wanted it to look,” said Pennywitt, of Ann Arbor, Michigan.

CONTINUE READING ON DRAGZINE...

·
Not a Hemi!
1,517 Posts
I'd like to know this as well. I know the fast guys in the all motor class run low 8's in the 1/4.
Click the link :cool:

At this season’s All Motor race at Milan Dragway in June, he qualified in the third spot with an 8.05 and 171 MPH and laid down a 7.98 at 170 in the first round for the win but couldn’t make the call for the second round because of parts breakage. At the July race, he qualified fourth with an 8.05 and 169 mph, rocketed to a 7.95 at 169 mph in the second round of eliminations and advanced to the final.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Great Friend/racer/painter,…father, etc….

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Being a Ford guy this hurts to say but that sumbitch is one sexy mother fucker! It looks wet, its amazingly clean. Dude did and awesome job on that build. I dont even mind the big ole hood scoop.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts