Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took the car to Matukas Motorsports to have it looked at. After looking at it I found out that the IC was 139" long and 18" of the ground!:eek: I knew it was off some but I had no idea. I know the car needed to bo lowered to help all of that, but I cannot afford to minitub the car now. He is going to add a couple of more holes for the control arms to get the IC back to 49" and 6" off the ground at it's lowest point. We are also getting rid if the QA-1 single adjustable shocks in the rear and installing a set of double adjustable Afco shocks to help keep the tire planted down track, which has been a problem for a while now. The car weighed 3390 with me in it and the passenger side rear was 106 lbs. lighter than the driver rear and the driver front was 45 lbs lighter than the passenger front. We have been [email protected] with a 1.33 60' with this 80mm blowthrough combo so far on an absolutely killer track. I cannot wait to get it back and see the difference on an average track. Do you guys think it will be like driving a different car?:) Here is a pic of the car and suspension before the work. I will post a few pics of it when I get it back next week.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
nice car !!!

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Well if you have read his post you would already know that the car had QA1 single adjustable rear shocks on it, until he just swapped to AFCO double adjustable shocks. But hey, just me pointing out some more factual information.

:smt077:smt077:smt077:smt077

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well if you have read his post you would already know that the car had QA1 single adjustable rear shocks on it, until he just swapped to AFCO double adjustable shocks. But hey, just me pointing out some more factual information.

:smt077:smt077:smt077:smt077
if you would have looked at the picture mr cutlass those shocks in the picture are comp eng 3 way adjustable i read his post must be old pictures maybe you need to pay a little better attention i look forward to seeing you kevin i aint no computer shit talker so i will be by in a couple of weeks see you then you fucking smart ass like i said in the other post alreadyhad a trip planned to florida anywayand seeing you isnt out of my way look forward to seeing you buddy

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow!:eek: Yeah, old picture sorry! That is the only one I had.;)

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Hey Cory, I think I asked you this before, but do you have any plans to come to any of the races down here in Florida later this year? I think I am skipping Orlando to go to Bradenton this year.

Everette, its quite obvious in the picture that the car had Comp shocks on it. Myself, unlike you, reads the post before I type my response so I already understood that those shocks were no longer on the car. Since he had already switched them I am going to assume that he wanted to find something that worked better than they did.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
i read the thread was just curious about those shocks there must have been pros and cons was just asking for some info on them since the gentalman has run them but maybee i should have made myself clearer with my question but im still curious about the shocks and also what they did to correct the weight differance in the front and by correcting the rear did that solve the weight differance in the front

·
Registered
501 Posts
I picked up a full tenth in the 60ft with nothing other than a 4 link adjustment. If it is that far off I think it will be night and day. Mine was also too long and too high, I ended up 4" high and 60" out, but my wheel base was 114.5 so it was out more. My car was within 10 pounds of left to right weight and it was 52/48 with me in the car.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've seen this car in person and it's obvious that the way it "sat" the instant center was way out of whack. I'm sure the results once returned from Matukas will be well worth your $$$.

Quick question though, I've seen cars that style with the frame clearanced and plated running 28x10.5's sitting lower, have you done any of that yet or will the rear width and wheel choice not allow it?

·
Registered
339 Posts
ic

took the car to Matukas Motorsports to have it looked at. After looking at it I found out that the IC was 139" long and 18" of the ground!:eek: I knew it was off some but I had no idea. I know the car needed to bo lowered to help all of that, but I cannot afford to minitub the car now. He is going to add a couple of more holes for the control arms to get the IC back to 49" and 6" off the ground at it's lowest point. We are also getting rid if the QA-1 single adjustable shocks in the rear and installing a set of double adjustable Afco shocks to help keep the tire planted down track, which has been a problem for a while now. The car weighed 3390 with me in it and the passenger side rear was 106 lbs. lighter than the driver rear and the driver front was 45 lbs lighter than the passenger front. We have been [email protected] with a 1.33 60' with this 80mm blowthrough combo so far on an absolutely killer track. I cannot wait to get it back and see the difference on an average track. Do you guys think it will be like driving a different car?:) Here is a pic of the car and suspension before the work. I will post a few pics of it when I get it back next week.

where is he adding the holes ??uppers or lowers

·
Registered
435 Posts
C HOWELL

I hate to tell you this but I shot about 15 pictures of your qualifing round launches and boards to go with them at music city last night but did not know who you were and deleted them an hour ago. How did you fair in the end, I had to head for home after first round. SORRY !!!

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
That's a good lookin car - can't wait to see the after pics.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
So I guess the car made it back out? How did it go Cory???

·
Registered
339 Posts
pics

C HOWELL

I hate to tell you this but I shot about 15 pictures of your qualifing round launches and boards to go with them at music city last night but did not know who you were and deleted them an hour ago. How did you fair in the end, I had to head for home after first round. SORRY !!!
hey doty thanks but that wasnt me ... unless they won then i want my check!!!! lol :smt082

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
hey doty thanks but that wasnt me ... unless they won then i want my check!!!! lol :smt082
Know anybody else that was filming or taking pics? I'd like to see vids of the 2nd round if anyone has it.

I was driving a dark grey Regal

1 - 20 of 21 Posts