Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Beyond old
5,867 Posts
Take a look at the volt/pressure/flow chart for the pump you are running.
It's not the regulator that will reduce flow when raising the pressure, it's the pump.

Reactions: 64nailhead

· Registered
2,329 Posts
I read somewhere that running at pressures as high as 100 psi can actually decrease volume. True or bogus?
Sorry my typing when I first posted was poor
Pressure is made from volume supply. If pump cant keep up volume then pressure wont be maintained. Its common with electric pumps. Mechanical not so much

· Registered
162 Posts
Injectors will flow more and more as pressure increases, as long as they open and close reliably. Some injectors have issues past 130psi. I have ran my car in the 120psi range as I had wired and selected fuel pumps that would do the job at that pressure. Most pumps don't do well in that region, injectors are fine tho, but I have not found a need to go any higher. 65psi base and 53psi boost was right at 117~118psi. DW400 pumps for anyone wondering was running two, now I have 3 but only because I was looking for a couple hundred more whp.

· Registered
9,394 Posts
Injectors will flow more and more as pressure increases, as long as they open and close reliably. Some injectors have issues past 130psi. I have ran my car in the 120psi range as I had wired and selected fuel pumps that would do the job at that pressure. Most pumps don't do well in that region, injectors are fine tho, but I have not found a need to go any higher. 65psi base and 53psi boost was right at 117~118psi. DW400 pumps for anyone wondering was running two, now I have 3 but only because I was looking for a couple hundred more whp.
when they begin to not open snd close reliably, in which state do they generally fail? Open or closed?

· Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
8 210s on e85?
Bosch 210s are flow rated at 43.5. I have read they can be ran to 150 pounds net in short runs like drag racing.
@43.5 = 1500ish
@58 = 1750ish

· Registered
162 Posts
when they begin to not open snd close reliably, in which state do they generally fail? Open or closed?
I'm pretty sure it was rpm dependent as well. I can't remember who did the testing, I think it was Shane T. A lot of RPM and a lot of pressure and they started doing something weird. I think they were having a hard time opening at the same rate and thus the curve changed a bit. Could have been 150 psi, I'm not sure sorry. I don't think they failed or got sutck one way or another, i don't want to mislead. I'd run them higher than I have if I had to and just keep an eye on it till I was comfortable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts