Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to some of my buddys,and they asked me.How come there is not some injected nitro pro mod cars out there?
I remember a few years back,there was talk about some one trying one out.I think it was Randy Lindamoud (sp) son of the Color Me Gone race cars fame.I know now that the nitro is getting hard to get and expensive.
Anyone have a Idea on this subject!!!!

·
T/S 368E
33,585 Posts

I've been dreaming of the day myself.
Put a 5.20 @ 280 set up in a door car & hang on baby.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
im surprised adrl hasnt seen more of this... there was some talk that guys in EXTREME were running nitrous with the blowers... but fuck it, i would, 100 shot, on a 14.71 blower, sucking in nitro.... just pray nothing goes wrong

·
T/S 368E
33,585 Posts

Don't need a blower with 98%. Somebody just do it already!!!

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I know a Guy that has an AFD and an Outlaw 10.5 car....

Wonder how long before he tries to put the two together

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Yeah Hirata has been thinking about it.

·
T/S 368E
33,585 Posts
I read someplace that Dave Hirata was considering it or something like that. Their A/FD runs decent.
Heard that around here somewhere also. Can't wait.

·
Never hit Newbie Thread
10,392 Posts
Dave has the perfect test vehicle for it..... He has a 1st Gen Camaro that would fit one of his nitro motors... Of course, I highly doubt an injected motor would like having a converter behind it....

Vanilla

·
Registered
708 Posts
I always wondered why Top Alcohol Funny Car doesn't have injected cars like the TA Dragster class.

An A/F plant in a Pro Mod would be tits. SOMEBODY'S gotta have the money and ballz to pull it off????

·
T/S 368E
33,585 Posts

That's actually one of my 1st thoughts also. I would have 5 Pro-Mods, with 5 combo's.
We're way up on the lotto tues. also. Getting some tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I always wondered why Top Alcohol Funny Car doesn't have injected cars like the TA Dragster class.

An A/F plant in a Pro Mod would be tits. SOMEBODY'S gotta have the money and ballz to pull it off????

There was a mustang funny car a few years back with an injected nitro engine... I believe it was sponsored by sherwin williams paint company. I remember seeing it at the IHRA Nationals in Epping around 2001

·
T/S 368E
33,585 Posts

Hey Vanilla, can you say 20,000' racecar shop??

Lot next to me is for sale, 9 miles from RT 66. Good luck tomorrow, fellow Illinoisan.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts