Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a small dog, so far they seem be the choice, haven't read much bad about them, anyone on here have one?

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
There muts, I'm sure you knew that already though. people mix the breeds and think its something special but it doesnt hide the fact they are a mixed breed dog. I have 7 mini long haired dachshunds and they are a load of fun and very loving. If you want more info let me know, we know a woman moving to oklahoma who has 2 she is getting rid of I believe she wants $200 for them, they are black and tan. They are all registered and very beautiful dogs. Heres her site http://www.dredachs.net/, if you click the puppies the pic that comes up on top is ours we bought from her. They are tough little dogs and very good pets, our oldest one followed me around at the motocross races for years while I took picks, they love being out and about.

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
My cousin bought a Puggle thinking it would be small like my Beagle,,the damm thing is 2 feet tall and weighs 50 pounds now!!!

Stay away from cross breeds

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
We have and it is a pretty small dog.It has napolian complex around our other big dogs.I have no complaints she is a great guard dog.

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
Puggles are just like a cock-a-poo(poodle and cocker spaniel) tey are a something some genius somewhere thought would make a nice new breed.

First time I seen them was at the pet store had about 5 of them yelping making more noise than a marching band, but they were nice pups none the less.

They from what I hear will be certified by AKC in a few years.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have a Golden Retriever / Standard Poodle mix also referred to as a "Goldendoodle". They were bred for people with allergies or asthma as they do not shed. He is not the "macho" dog a lot of people go for, but he is smarter than most peoples kids and has been the best dog I ever owned. They breed this pair together to get the intelligence of the poodle and the temperament of the Golden. There is nothing wrong with a "Mut".

·
Registered
461 Posts
We have a one year old Chinese Crested Powderpuff. Do not confuse these with the normal Chinese Crested which is hairless. Very cool dogs. Great personality and excellent with kids. Not a hyper dog at all, but does like attention and loves to play. They weigh about 12 pounds. They also have hair, not fur, so they do not shed. I'll try to post a photo tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I had what is called a Pek-a-Poo. poodle and Pekenese (don't know how to spell it.) A really cool and smart dog. Was about 8 lbs but could back down a 20lb dog. She had a YB temperment. A great small dog.

Something you have to realize is that dogs are like people, it doesn't matter the breed....so are good and some are not.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Stay away from any of the puppy mills and their want-a-be bread and/or breads. Go to you local animal control or other and find a dog to rescue. There are lot of animal that will be killed each year because no one thinks about the pound.
A dog from the pound can be a better dog than any from one of the dog farm supporters.
Also look at the rescues, pug rescue, Golden R rescue etc......

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
Got a minny dashound- he only likes the wife and nips every one's heel's that come's buy high strung!!!!!! my beagle is cool as shit and its a blast to wacth him run and jump- my next dog is going to be a kia

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I never owned anything but large breed dogs until my wife talked me into a Shitzu three years ago....turned out to be the best damn dog I ever had and smart as a whip....:D

Rick

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
I have a dachsund. She's a little over a year now and absolutely mild mannered. she barks at doorbells on the tv, but if she hears anything in the front or backyard, she goes nuts.. unless it's my wife or daughter or me.
never has snapped at anyone, just really needy for attention

·
OBR's ONLY Heads Up Racer
1,646 Posts
I have a Miniature Pinscher and he is great!!! He is very smart and very protective.
His mother rejected the litter :( and we raised him from the time he was 24hours old, tube feeding, bottle feeding..every three hours, getting him to go potty (anyone who has raised a newborn puppy knows what that means :eek:) it was just like having another baby!! But, he was worth it.:cool:

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
Designer dogs = product of greed. You have about a 1% chance of finding an honest breeder who tests her breeding stock for hereditary diseases, socializes the pups properly, etc.

BTW, I've heard absolutely nothing good about Puggles. They start out cute, end up ugly, and all the ones I've heard of have been hyper and no attention span.

Get a Pug or get a Beagle.

http://www.learntobreed.com/mutts.html

http://home.comcast.net/~NoPuppyMillsVA/Poo-dogs___Designer_Mutts/poo-dogs___designer_mutts.html

http://www.dogplay.com/Breeding/ethics.html

·
Registered
568 Posts
My vote is for the pug...I have two of them male and female... Pugs have a lot of energy for the first two years, then they mellow out...Both my dogs are some of the most loving dogs i ever had, and they both have there own seperate ways of show it!

I was reading something about the puggles that you had to becareful, something about this being such a new "breed" you could run into a lot of problems with them...

good luck...

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm a beagle owner. I actually own 4 beagles. I use them for hunting purposes. They are great pets too. They listen very well and are very smart dog. They are bred to hunt. I've spent many hours in the fields training them.

I can get you into contact with friends that have beagles for sale.

litter i had a while back

1 - 20 of 27 Posts