Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

The company I work for is looking to liquidate a 480V, 3ph, 74KW, 92.5 KVA turbo diesel Allis Chalmers powered standby generator. This unit has 210 hours on it and was replaced with a larger unit.

What is this thing worth?
Thanks!
Chris

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
That's a big phucking generator...

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I only deal w/ 60k....and nothing w/ Chalmers. Track down BigCat...he may have some info for you.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a big phucking generator...
ReiKo,
The newest units (remember... standby's) we have been buying are 350KW's...

RJ,
I was thinking of BigCat's avatar when I posted the question. I'll give him a day or so and hope he responds before I PM him.

Chris

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
ReiKo,
The newest units (remember... standby's) we have been buying are 350KW's...

RJ,
I was thinking of BigCat's avatar when I posted the question. I'll give him a day or so and hope he responds before I PM him.

Chris
That's pretty big... We have a 100KW standalone Diesel unit... Holds about 100gallons...

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Gents,

The company I work for is looking to liquidate a 480V, 3ph, 74KW, 92.5 KVA turbo diesel Allis Chalmers powered standby generator. This unit has 210 hours on it and was replaced with a larger unit.

What is this thing worth?
Thanks!
Chris
i can't give you a hard price. it all depends on the market that day. search a bunch of used eqp sites and see what the going rate is for that size unit. there are a few things you should know. allis chalmers went out of business a long time ago. which makes get repair parts very hard if not impossible some times. i just replaced one not 6 months ago because we could not find a oil cooler for it. so bear that in mind when you are trying to sell it. 75 kw is a nice small unit so that will help moving it. 210 hrs is real low for that old of a unit. also if you want to help sell it. having a current load bank test done and oil sample report. even having it megger tested will all help make the unit more attractive to a potential buyer. if you have any more questions just let me know. i am in training this week so i don't get on till the evening.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
BigCat just out of curiosity have you ever done any work with Co-Gen units?

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
BigCat just out of curiosity have you ever done any work with Co-Gen units?

there is not a lot of that in my area. there are 2 plants that run g3520's and fl natural growers that run solar turbines co-gen. we mainly deal with stand by units. peak shaving is getting more popular. all the publix's have 500kw units that can peak shave or run isolated.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
there is not a lot of that in my area. there are 2 plants that run g3520's and fl natural growers that run solar turbines co-gen. we mainly deal with stand by units. peak shaving is getting more popular. all the publix's have 500kw units that can peak shave or run isolated.
Gotcha - I do some work with a company out west that manufactures co-gen skids. My company makes the exhaust gas heat recovery units.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
that's cool. how are they made? is it just a bunch of tubes?
Yes and no... proprietary tubes, and some real engineering =)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts