Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Low Life
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any small indoor/electric grill that I can cook a steak or some chicken on? It is getting too cold to grill outside.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I use a Cuisinart Griddler. Put solid frozen chicken breasts on close the lid and 22 minutes later dinner.

·
Senior Moment
6,833 Posts
Weber Kettle FTW!!!

·
Former RJ instigator
40,544 Posts
I use a stove top griddle, it's flat on one side and ribbed on the other for them perfect grill lines, the only down side is it smokes up the house if you don't have a vent fan.

·
Low Life
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats too cold for you?
The clocks get turned back Saturday night so it gets dark at 4 pm. In the next few weeks there will be snow and the temperatures will be in the teens and single numbers with some below zero thrown in.

·
Senior Moment
6,833 Posts
Great idea but I think it would be somewhat awkward in the living room or kitchen.

....lol, obviously, just bustin' balls.....but the bride bought one of those (NuMark?) deals ya see advertised on tv, and we both concluded a Lodge ribbed cast iron skillet worked way better. Of course with a vent hood. Good luck!!

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
LOL, that's a fucking toaster grill!
I wouldnt call it a toaster.

The elements in them are more like a proper meat rotisserie.

Theyre awesome and quick. :p

Read the reviews.

Ronco Ready Grill The Latest Kitchen Time Saver

The Ronco RG1001BLGEN Ready Grill in Stainless Steel and Black, is a revolutionary indoor vertical cooking system…the newest, healthiest way to cook just about everything. Just preheat, place your food into the spring-loaded basket, drop it in, and set the timer.

The Ready Grill offers all of the BBQ style taste of an outdoor grill, plus convenience, cleaning ease and no smoke.

Adjustable Grill Basket

A two-position grill basket allows grilling a variety of food from thin to thick and leave beautiful, mouth-watering grill marks. This amazing Grill Basket secures food while it cooks. It has a standard setting for normal sized and thicker foods and reverses to a thin setting for thinner foods like asparagus. Convenient handles help you open/close and load the basket into the Ronco Ready Grill.

I dont have that exact one as above but have a Hotpoint brand, which is no good to you folks on 120Volts because theyre 240 V

The Italians know how to cook...

https://www.amazon.it/Hotpoint-GHX0-Griglia-Verticale-Acciaio/dp/B076CCFK4G

·
Registered
850 Posts
We have had one of the Smokeless Grilles brand units for a few years, use it nearly everyday. It's a bit slow for larger chunks of meat. The one flaw I've found with it is the heating element in a bit "off-center" lengthwise so the heat is not real uniform. The end closest to the knobs never gets as hot as the other end...which isn't quite as hot as the middle. HaHa. I've just got used to it. I move the items around a little or place something that doesn't need as much heat at that end.
It is perfect for a 6 egg omelette...I just lift the tray & do a 180 half way through cooking. Kinda a pain, but no real smoke (it has a fan). I'd get another one if/when it craps out. Lorne

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
The clocks get turned back Saturday night so it gets dark at 4 pm. In the next few weeks there will be snow and the temperatures will be in the teens and single numbers with some below zero thrown in.
Pitch black by 530 here and in the 20s for the foreseable future. Grill will be fired up around 6 tonight to do some chicken and roasted veggies.

·
Low Life
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pitch black by 530 here and in the 20s for the foreseable future. Grill will be fired up around 6 tonight to do some chicken and roasted veggies.
I need bbq bad. I think I will drag it back out and try grilling around noon when it is the warmest part of the day.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts