Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you have read, we held a heads up race one Friday a month in Indy and did fairly well with it. Enough so that we are going to be able to put the event on a Saturday next season. This way folks don't have to take a day off work to race with us. We are still going to make an evening event out of it to help with the travel as well.

Purse money as always will be guaranteed, we area going to make some adjustments to some classes, like putting big tires back on dragsters, making the true street rules much closer to the x275 John Sears rules and a few other adjustments to the index classes.

Hope everyone that came last season had fun, and we hope to gain some racers by making these changes.

Thanks for everything.

Josh

·
Registered
888 Posts
I think all these changes will help the show :cool:
because now other racers like myself that could not take off work or that have kids will be able to attend and race too :D
how did you do with your car this year.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
It's about 250 miles for me but I will come to a couple of these races. Why not just adapt the Sears rules?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we cant just run the sears rules by themselves. there are a handful of local guys who are BB turbo or blower cars that built cars just for this. It would not be fair for them. And, being that this is only its second year, we do not want to isolate anyone who wants to run

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
we cant just run the sears rules by themselves. there are a handful of local guys who are BB turbo or blower cars that built cars just for this. It would not be fair for them. And, being that this is only its second year, we do not want to isolate anyone who wants to run
Gotcha. the rules look fine. I did have a question about the verbage reguarding cool down in the pits during the semi finals and the finals. I read that to say that we round robin directly back to the lanes for the last two rounds with no pit time?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm sorry that old Matchbox and I can't run any of those Friday night rage deals, but we are sure looking forward to your Monster Mopar Weekend...but with DRY weather!

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
No problem John. You plannng on running a sb blower combo at Indy and OV?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yes David small block turbo. The rules say small block reduced turbo 3300lbs. Does that mean I can run a 106mm with a 88mm reducer?

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
when will 2012 rules and Purses' be out?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yes David small block turbo. The rules say small block reduced turbo 3300lbs. Does that mean I can run a 106mm with a 88mm reducer?

That's the way I read it...

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can run the 106-88mm reducer

we will have payouts and official rules out soon!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ok thanks for clarifing that rule for me. I will try to make some of the races and look forward to racing at Indy. I have never raced there before.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Will be running in the Dragster class at least 3-4 of the races if not all of them . Low 3.70's will be cheap when the weather is there to do so . Looking forward to it ! . :D

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I know this sounds dumb and all, but has anyone ever thought of an 11.50-11.60 index for cars that dont have cages to run heads up?? It would be for the street car guys that want to go heads up. I think the IMIS? guys that run up at Byron have a series called street heat or something like that for these cars.

Just a thought as I fall into that category. Do you think it would have a turnout? Seems to be a lot of street cars out there without bars in them??

Just wondering (hoping)
James

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Since I can't read:rolleyes:, in the 9.0 class concerning electronics, I have a digiset timer to control when my nitrous comes on, but I have NOT used it yet, but I will need to use it if I run this class other wise I will be too quick. So, can I use it with nitrous or not? It would be used just off the start of the race.
Thanks

John

1 - 20 of 59 Posts