Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off i have never used nitrous and looking at this as a possible solution to jump up a class

In good air spring/Fall New England air my car goes 9.80s all day
1.76 gear glide and convertor flashes to 5100
I trap 6800 rpm now with a 28x10.5 tire with 4.10 gears

Never used nitrous before i was thing of possibly a 100 shot to 125 to run 9.50 index , but my concern is what and is an idea stall change and gear change i would need or might see so i can stay 6800-7k trap rpm . This is a big block ford made 651 on engine dyno

I currently use EZ plates and looking at an alternative to run the next class from what I run but i have always steered away from using nitrous as i never wanted to always be pulling plugs and all that . I keep hearing at the baby shot i would need maintenance should be a minimal

any advice or direction greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
with the 100 shot i dont think you would have to change anything your stall is kinda on the low side for a glide you may wanna step down to 3.90s but id run it first to see if your happy where your at you might not need a 100 shot ,you only need 3 -10s

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
with the 100 shot i dont think you would have to change anything your stall is kinda on the low side for a glide you may wanna step down to 3.90s but id run it first to see if your happy where your at you might not need a 100 shot ,you only need 3 -10s
9.80s in good air but in dead summer heat 9.90 that range

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah but the nice thing about nitrous is stepping up in shit weather is only a jet change away aslong as your tune is correct
Does the weather affect the tune as much as it's does when NA ? I always was under impression nitrous creates its own

·
T/S 368E
35,261 Posts

I know this is the wrong section to say this, but here goes!!!

KISS

Stay in the class you're in, and don't dick around with N2O!!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
i would say that if you keep your eye on the weather and record your runs and results you can compensate for weather changes with raising or lowering the tank pressure 25 to 50 psi at launch to suit the conditions

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Youll notice most nitrous guys pay attention to water grains an barometer..with just a 100 shot though an a good safe tune up you shouldnt have a issue.
Thanks just weighting out my options it's hard to touch the combo but I know it can be done with nitrous . Might build another motor as well and run it as is another year

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
26,239 Posts
Thanks just weighting out my options it's hard to touch the combo but I know it can be done with nitrous . Might build another motor as well and run it as is another year
Could do pistons..get it 15-1,loosen converter an try larger cam..im not a ford guy so i dont know how well a bbf reacts really to them changes

·
Super Moderator
12,233 Posts
Based on what you're wanting to do it can easily be achieved I'll bet with the car as it's set up. A nice efficient system like the Saturday Night Special and you're in the mix. Nitrous cars are a lot more consistent then many think they are as well..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts