Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to have to say Ali.

The way Ali took that punishment from Foreman, I think he could have taken Tyson. However, with Tyson, I think Ali would have moved around, and exhausted Tyson.

Edit: Well shit, I tried to make a poll, but for some reason I can't go back, and edit the poll to work.

·
Registered
19,310 Posts
Guessing some have never seen Ali in his prime fight, The Rocky Character was loosely based on Ali and how he would go the distance and take a beating like no other. Tyson was like a bull dog head first in and just deliver strong shots, at his best

·
Registered
15,847 Posts
Guessing some have never seen Ali in his prime fight, The Rocky Character was loosely based on Ali and how he would go the distance and take a beating like no other. Tyson was like a bull dog head first in and just deliver strong shots, at his best
You hit the canvas? Is there more?

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
TYSON!....... He was a feral animal that nobody could handle.
When Tyson would beat his wife the police would show up at his house in NJ with no fewer than 8 officers.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Tyson. I've watched all his fights many times, and saying he was all power and pressure is an understatement. He had movement and defence like noone I've ever seen. At his prime he fought alot using D'Amato's "Punch one time, move three times", but he had a young man's style. Older you get you lose speed, Tyson's style was fit for a 20-25 year old, lose the speed and you miss alot of shots. That's what he did too.

His right hook to the body followed by a right uppercut was extremely effective.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Tyson himself says Ali so I’ll go with that.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Ali would have Tyson swinging at air...

Ali: Hey Mikey, I'm over here...ooops too slow, now I'm over here.

:-D

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Not to mention that Ali was VERY hard to hit.

I think Ali would have worn, and not to mention frustrated, Tyson out, just like he did George Foreman, then knocked Tyson out.

Even if Tyson did get a shot in, I don't think it would have knocked Ali out. I don't think Tyson had the power Foreman did in his prime [of course that is debatable ].

Here is a condensed version of "Rumble in the Jungle".

""I thought he was just one more knockout victim until, about the seventh round, I hit him hard to the jaw and he held me and whispered in my ear: 'That all you got, George?' I realized that this ain't what I thought it was." George Foreman.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didn't get this in before the edit, but here is Foreman knocking the ever loving shit out of some very good fighters [also some bums].

One thing I have to say after watching the vid below is that Joe Frazier was one tough SOB, he just would, not, stop. I would have loved to see a fight between Smoking Joe, and MT.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts