Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff Martin and I have just finished our meeting in regards to what the ODRA should do for 2011.

I have spent the last six months in research trying to determine how we can effectively run a racing series within what is still an un-stable economy and be fair to all involved, (the racers, the sponsors and the spectators). I have also had to keep in mind that we are coming off a loss from 2010 due to poor weather conditions (and the economy) that needed to be recouped.

It was and still is, the desire of the ODRA to provide high quality events – an above average purse paid to participants, where rules are enforced to retain a level playing field for all and trophies that each of you would be proud to display on your home mantles.

The staff at ODRA, with open minds, has listened to each and every racer that has contacted us and incorporated their desires into the format at our events in 2010, where possible. We have also listened to the racers views on the fact that their may be too many Outlaw organizations in the south, thus creating conflicts in scheduling and over-lapping of events, forcing you to choose where and with who to run.

Jeff and I have decided that running a “racing series” in 2011 is not the best business plan for the ODRA. We have questioned the fact that maybe we started something of this magnitude at the wrong time. Therefore, ODRA will not be announcing a “racing series” schedule for 2011. We are now looking at the possibility of running one or two events until things settle down with the economy and the industry itself. When the dates for these events are decided, ODRA will begin its promotional effort so that you will be notified of where and when these will take place.

I have been working the last few months with CFM Motorsports, doing marketing and development for www.cfmmotorsports.net , who has agreed to be the Title Sponsor for anything that the ODRA decides to do. Jan Gaskin has agreed to hang in here with us through the rough times, but also advises that the economy is in rough terrain to make a solid plan for 2011.

It is my desire to work intensively with CFM Motorsports to aid in developing the road show that attends thirty car show and racing events each year, as well as the new website now online for your part needs and help to establish the new retail store that is currently being built in Pell City, Alabama and scheduled to open in March of 2011. I hope that through my efforts to build business for CFM Motorsports that those profits will be turned into a larger benefit for the racers, sponsors and spectators for another full-fledge “racing series” in 2012. Right now, its just not there to make a commitment that I feel is profitable.

Marty Whit at Patriot Performance has announced a racing series beginning in 2011. The staff at ODRA requests that you support this racing series as building one of these is not as easy as it looks. ODRA will gracefully bow out and allow Marty and Patriot Performance to have their turn and each of us here at ODRA wish them great success.

I would also like to thank each racer, spectator and sponsor that supported our efforts in 2010. We hope what we managed to produce in four events was a pleasurable experience.

Happy New Year to each of you….. and race safe this year !!

Karen Bryant
ODRA Race Director

·
Registered
167 Posts
i really hate it enjoyed meeting all racers at the events also enjoyed working with all the odra staff we had a lot of time together since most of our races had rain involved my hat goes off to marty and crew and if yall ever need any help please call hope yall have a great year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts