1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
What scares me is the fact that 25% of the respondents voted that in favor. I know it's PMS NBC but it's still scary. We are slowly giving away all things that made this country what it is.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What scares me is the fact that 25% of the respondents voted that in favor. I know it's PMS NBC but it's still scary. We are slowly giving away all things that made this country what it is.
DING DING

·
Registered
175 Posts
we should all just call up gw bush and say thanks a phuckin lot ass hole for lettin the judges and congress pass this shit.

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
I noticed that over 6 million people have voted so far. I wonder if the side of the aisle that always claims that "the will of the people" is so important during elections, is paying attention to the results? I bet if things such as abortion, school prayer, in God we trust, etc were put to a vote on a national ballot, the left would be having convulsions!

·
Registered
16,490 Posts

LOL!

....OH, you were serious?? I didn't even know this country started out with "in god we trust" on our $ and "under God" in our pledge.LOL!! **sarcasm alert**

It's funny to me that for the last couple hundred years the religious and their #'s have pretty much had their way. Now that it's starting to get somewhat back to what the founding fathers really wanted,(separation)All the nutjobs errrr, religious are getting butthurt about it.:smt119

·
Registered
16,490 Posts

·
Registered
16,490 Posts
I noticed that over 6 million people have voted so far. I wonder if the side of the aisle that always claims that "the will of the people" is so important during elections, is paying attention to the results? I bet if things such as abortion, school prayer, in God we trust, etc were put to a vote on a national ballot, the left would be having convulsions!

Yes, that sounds great if you actually believe this country was founded so that the majority can trample the rights of the few.:drinkers:

Didn't you say you homeschool your kids? I hope you bring them to a real teacher for their history lessons.:smt110:-Yap

·
Registered
413 Posts
Now that it's starting to get somewhat back to what the founding fathers really wanted,(separation)
See this is where our national school system has failed us as a country. Our citizens aren't taught the real facts about our country's history. If you knew the facts you would know that our country was formed to gain religious freedom without the fear of government intervening in there affairs. The separation of church and state was to keep state out of church and not church out of state. Why do you think everything you read on government items has GOD's name on it? Do you think it is because they didn't want church in the state?? Come on people... Common Sense here.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I feel that they should just live shit the way it is. Why the hell do people want to change every thing that offends them? Maybe it is the people that need to change. If it offends you to have "In God We Trust" printed on your money than don't accept the money, see how far that gets you.

·
Wearing my WWII helmet
19,489 Posts
Yes, that sounds great if you actually believe this country was founded so that the majority can trample the rights of the few.:drinkers:

Didn't you say you homeschool your kids? I hope you bring them to a real teacher for their history lessons.:smt110:-Yap
I was merely pointing out that the left loves to trot around the incorrect idea that America is a "democracy". They always try to use "the will of the people" as a means to prevent our "republic" from functioning as it should. I am certain that they will not use the results of this poll when arguing about "the will of the people". They only like "the will of the people" when they lose elections under the electoral college. Otherwise they like to utilize "will of the appointed", as in the supreme court.
I am well versed in American history and constitutional government.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts