Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Lord of Lords
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not completely finished but mostly there. Will put up some more pics when I get it done. But basically used a concept from another member who had his done from this board and applied it to my trailer and winch.

After careful thought, designed a "bucket" for the winch and everything to fit in to made from 1/8" steel plate

After I completed fab work of the bucket, I figured out where to mount it, center floor behind spare tire box between trailer crossmembers. Measured a ton of times, then decided to cut into my floor!!!! :eek:

And murphy wasn't with me this time and I got it right the first time and didn't end up with a fucked up hole that was too big.

Rough hole, that I cleaned up with a file and sander to get perfectly square, Bucket placed under held with floor jack.

Welding in the 'pocket' for the roller redirector for the cable, which will be a flat plate that has the OEM winch rollers on it to slide right in.

All holes drilled, winch, solenoid, remote control plug, primered and ready to weld in.

So to secure this inbetween the frame rails of the trailer I welded in a 2x6 box tubing 3/16" thick on either side of this bucket, raised the bucket up between them, and welded it in wherever it made contact. The flange on the rear of the bucket actually is sandwhiched between the framerail and the plywood flooring of the trailer, this sucker is rock solid!

Trimmed out, painted, hard to see everything cuz of the black paint. But I stil have to route the power wires to the front and mount the battery, they're just in the bucket for now.

As for the door, I decided not to hinge it and just leave the outter floor trimmed out with the inner peice flush fit inside.

I let my buddy brorrow my trailer this weekend, once i get it back I'll put some better pics of the underside, and with everything in it's place.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Nicely done Jalil. Do you have any pictures of the roller and how the leed comes out when pulling the car? Put that into production and I bet you could sell a few..............

Nice job!

Paul

·
Lord of Lords
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nicely done Jalil. Do you have any pictures of the roller and how the leed comes out when pulling the car? Put that into production and I bet you could sell a few..............

Nice job!

Paul

Maybe, but it wouldn't be cheap :), well now that I've done it would take a lot less time.. but the overall install from start to finish probably took about 10hrs

·
Lord of Lords
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Jalil,

that looks awesome. what winch did you end up getting & where did you get it? is that a Wells Cargo? looks like my trailer.

you get that beast back together yet? I cant wait to see it out this year.

Bob

·
Lord of Lords
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jalil,

that looks awesome. what winch did you end up getting & where did you get it? is that a Wells Cargo? looks like my trailer.

you get that beast back together yet? I cant wait to see it out this year.

Bob

Trailer is the same one I've had at the races, Cargo-Mate Eliminator, the winch is a smittybuilt 3000lb that a buddy acutally got for me, not sure what he paid.

as for "the beast" still sitting in with a disassembled motor, no $$ to put it back together.

·
Lord of Lords
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that blows. think your gonna have it back together for this year?

Bob

Been off all month and back at work today for the first day... but going back out very soon with baby #2 within the next 2 weeks... so have to let the paychecks build up before I can do anything cuz I'm broker than a joker

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
super nice. i thought about doing something like this, but i think im just going to surface mount it with a backing plate under the floor.
Thats what I did. I put mine off to the side and mounted a second plate under the floor for my pulley to be mounted too. No issues. I used 3/8" plate.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts