Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Henry talks about women he wished he could have, my beautiful wife has given me thousands of time slips and has been in the time booth for 20 years, a real car girl, although she has given me my fair share of yellow slips, Girls gravitate to fast cars…grannys hobble to your car with a tarp top to ask you for a smoke and a light.

·
Registered
40,862 Posts
Damn.......Henry is this going to be another billion page long thread?

Anyway, The Cleveland will live forever.
The Cleveland hasn't been installed in a production car in 48 years; the Ford aftermarket is geared around Windsors, FE big blocks, Coyotes and we're beginning to see 7.3 stuff, an engine superior to the old Cleveland in every way. I haven't personally seen a Cleveland in a street or a strip application in probably 20 years. Its head design likely spawned a lot of copycat engines but nonetheless, it's still an old dinosaur. Long live the Cleveland, but there's better choices out there now. This is 2021, not 1970.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Henry talks about women he wished he could have, my beautiful wife has given me thousands of time slips and has been in the time booth for 20 years, a real car girl, although she has given me my fair share of yellow slips, Girls gravitate to fast cars…grannys hobble to your car with a tarp top to ask you for a smoke and a light.
I’m sure your girl is wonderful Mr. Chev. She sounds like a catch but for the love of God don’t let her get that eye exam. If she gets corrective lenses she might finally get a good look at you laddy.

That might not work out so good for you pal.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The Cleveland hasn't been installed in a production car in 48 years; the Ford aftermarket is geared around Windsors, FE big blocks, Coyotes and we're beginning to see 7.3 stuff, an engine superior to the old Cleveland in every way. I haven't personally seen a Cleveland in a street or a strip application in probably 20 years. Its head design likely spawned a lot of copycat engines but nonetheless, it's still an old dinosaur. Long live the Cleveland, but there's better choices out there now. This is 2021, not 1970.
Automotive engine gasket Audio equipment Gas Musical instrument Electronic instrument

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I’m sure your girl is wonderful Mr. Chev. She sounds like a catch but for the love of God don’t let her get that eye exam. If she gets corrective lenses she might finally get a good look at you laddy.

That might not work out so good for you pal.
We have all seen you, a tired old man, I look 20 years younger than you and my wife would loath a smelly old smoker with no life and nothing but slow garbage. You actually look like the goof you portray here on the site.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
RK! Where ya been? Is the 6.8 still going or has that been canceled?
off work since mid october, covid long hauler :) getting better. For about a month I had zero interest in the internet
6.8 is a go,
rumor has it, it's supposed to take up some of the people essex engine loses. speculation is second shift at essex is on shakey ground. Even I didn't take the 5.0 in my new F150 lease

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
off work since mid october, covid long hauler :) getting better. For about a month I had zero interest in the internet
6.8 is a go,
rumor has it, it's supposed to take up some of the people essex engine loses. speculation is second shift at essex is on shakey ground. Even I didn't take the 5.0 in my new F150 lease
Man I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling good. Glad you’re starting to feel better. Thanks for the info and take care of yourself.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Got to 7:14 and gave up, seems like some dude propping up Tesla and electrics…is he right? Probably, but anyone with a brain can make their own decisions on that without someone else coaching them. Personally I don’t do stocks, although they do interest me a bit, if I ever do I will surely buy EV stocks. Like it if not they are coming-fast

·
Registered
40,862 Posts
Those look nice. Doesn't change what I said, though. Bone stock to bone stock, both the Coyote and the 7.3 heads flow more, they're emissions-compliant, lightweight and the aftermarket (for the Coyote) is well established and soon will be for the 7.3.

The same could be said, for example, the 396/427 BBC. A tough, lovable old dinosaur that's been around since the mid 60s that can still be made to haul ass but a 6.2/7.0 LS engine is by far a more practical choice - 200+ pounds less, for starters. Long live the 396 and 427 but time and modern-day efficiency have passed it by.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
6.8 is a go,
Good thing you had the vaccine/flue shot

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
The Cleveland was last installed in a Ford production vehicle in 1985, 36 years ago. That was of course in Australia , but it was a Ford production vehicle.

Reactions: codycr6

·
Registered
15,292 Posts
Yupp real dead. Lmao

·
Premium Member
20,877 Posts
The Cleveland style head will live forever......is that better?

21 - 40 of 254 Posts