Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cool vid of one of our dirt track assoc drivers this last weekend up at bakersfield "oildale" 3/8th mile banked dirt track .the track looked really nice and tacky and was fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxVkkRQXZcE

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Cool vid. :)

The throttle is too quick just off idle. The driver doesn't have enough controll of the very small power area. It was pushing going in and then when he picked up the throttle it was too much power with too little pedal travel and that made it snap loose. Like driving with a kill switch, it snapped loose because he couldn't apply little enough power.

Throttle linkage will upset the whole car setup because a driver will develope defensive habits to avoid the problems it causes if it is too quick. A driver will drive into causing a push to avoid spinning and eventually set the car up to push too much in order to avoid the snap loose a quick throttle can cause.

·
Professional Troublemaker
14,446 Posts

The throttle is too quick just off idle. The driver doesn't have enough controll of the very small power area. It was pushing going in and then when he picked up the throttle it was too much power with too little pedal travel and that made it snap loose. Like driving with a kill switch, it snapped loose because he couldn't apply little enough power.

Throttle linkage will upset the whole car setup because a driver will develope defensive habits to avoid the problems it causes if it is too quick. A driver will drive into causing a push to avoid spinning and eventually set the car up to push too much in order to avoid the snap loose a quick throttle can cause.
X2, Also looked like too much scrubbing speed going into the corners instead of braking, and too low of an entrance into the corners. All that adds up to a tight car.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i got to drive a the ex's dads street stock one time, it was fun. i just dont think i could ever own one. lol this tracks street stock is a latemodel type car with a smaller motor.

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
I like the video,those are the legand cars right?they are suppose to have a 1million dollar race at charlotte motor speedway I think with the legands coming up soon.thanks for the ride along.

·
Registered
7,174 Posts

Kinda reminded my of a YZ490 I had, throttle was on or off.

Which quite often led to the rider being on or thrown off.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
these are dwarf cars completely different than a legends car and we don't run spec motors .....we run a max of 1250cc's displacement . alot of the teams build wild stroker motors like 1175 cc GSXR's and R1's and bring compression up to close to 14.1:1 . on our old R1 motor we had the crank lightened alot like almost 3lbs then add aluminum rods along with lightening the clutch basket with billet components ,that motor acted like a light switch with power on or off very quickly . with using a R6 ignition we would hit the rev limiter at 14,600 about mid straight in 3rd gear and the stock R1 rev limit was 11,600 .alot of the teams especially during nationals is not uncommon to build a $12k motor and it would be junk by the end of the 3 day event . we've got a R1 that the oil temps got so hot it blackened the big end of the rods and a friend of ours has a GSXR that windowed the block and snapped the crank in half

we've always joked around with putting a built busa motor in one of our cars and going to a larger 12" wide r/rear ...that would be a wild ride !!!

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

reason for the quick throttle response is lightened cranks and aluminum rods and billet clutch baskets

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we also run on pavement ....just put the slicks on and a front swaybar and have fun :D:D . the orange car #36 has a nice GSXR 1000 and also has power steering

this is at the orange show speedway in san bernardino

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-5g0u82BFU

·
Registered
211 Posts
i wished dwarfs would come back to my home track since they shortened it, i always bitch bout it being rough in my mod mini, can't imagine what it would be like in these

·
Regulator
35,459 Posts
reason for the quick throttle response is lightened cranks and aluminum rods and billet clutch baskets
i don't know what your suspension consist's of but the back of the car is fucked up!

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i don't know what your suspension consist's of but the back of the car is fucked up!

offset toyota 8 bolt axle with short side on the r/side of the car , two lower bars ,bisquet bar and panhard bar and running afco shocks

·
Registered
15,452 Posts
You ever run at Ventura Ca??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts