Yellow Bullet Forums banner

In a pinch, dominator setup help for big inch sbf

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  RJAZE 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Have a race tomorrow, and trying to get some issues sorted out on my combo.

My car won't go clean on the brake, and I got my hands on a 1050 BG dominator to try out. Problem is I have no idea what a good baseline starting point is?

I have a big small block ford, victor heads, victor intake, 13-1, setup for spray.

Tried the dominator last night and it's stumbling on the brake. Won't go clean all the way to the 2 step, hangs up, and slowly creaps to the 2 step.

Any ideas on a good starting point are greatly appreciated. I'm pretty much a duck for tomorrows race, but maybe I can at least get some data if this thing works..

Thanks
Kevin

#7 ·
Hey Trink, what about the one on my Ranger? Not set up for spray though and hasn't moved since last year. It was done at The Race Shop.
Thanks for the offer man. Right now I'm just trying to get something figured out for tomorrow's race...

I'm going down there with the SV1 on the car, but not sure if it will work. If not, I will put this dominator on, but was hoping to sort out the dominator beforehand...

What you got on that ranger?

#8 · (Edited)
Started as a Bigs 1050 Stage 7. Then I upgraded the motor program which meant dialing the carb back in. Dyno'ed at the Race Shop when Sikes was still there. He went completely through it, and I mean completely. I never knew a carb had that many parts.LOL Made 718HP with 477" @11:1comp.
I was very happy considering it has a Lincoln block and a crank from a Country Squire wagon. I'm sure your dad remembers those.

#9 ·
Started as a Bigs 1050 Stage 7. Then I upgraded the motor program which meant dialing the carb back in. Dyno'ed at the Race Shop when Sikes was still there. He went completely through it, and I mean completely. I never knew a carb had that many parts.LOL Made 718HP with 477" @11:1comp.
I was very happy considering it has a Lincoln block and a crank from a Country Squire wagon. I'm sure your dad remembers those.
haha, carbs are pretty mysterious to me, don't know much about them...trying to learn...

I will let you know what happens after this weekend, maybe I could give that carb a try if needed to see if we can sort this thing out.. I was considering getting a new dominator from Bigs...

#10 ·
Could take a look at mine for reference anyway. Sikes was drilling, tapping, air bleeding etc. He had it off the motor 6 different times over 14 pulls. There is around 7 or 8 more horsies with the right shear booster too. But that is another dyno session. If you stop by we can discuss it further.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.