Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to come out and run this class, open rules, decent pay out. Seems like fun.
April 17 - Byron Dragway, www.byrondragway.com
May 15 - Greatlakes Dragaway, www.greatlakesdragaway.com
June 4 - Byron Dragway, www.byrondragway.com
June 19 - Greatlakes Dragaway, www.greatlakesdragaway.com
July 24 - Greatlakes Dragaway, www.greatlakesdragaway.com
August 28 - Byron Dragway, www.byrondragway.com
September 10 - Byron Dragway, www.byrondragway.com
October 15 Byron Dragway, www.byrondragway.com - Finals
October 16 Byron Dragway, www.byrondragway.com - Finals (Rain Date)

That's the schedule off the website.

·
Registered
553 Posts
in on 1 and yes i have a car or 2 i have to get with those imsm guys and sign up

·
Registered
115 Posts
What are the class rules for the 8.0 and 8.6 cars?

·
T/S 368E
30,597 Posts

Thinking about trying a race this year, if we have a good time and it's run decent, good guys, ect maybe more??
We'll see what life brings us this season??

Last I heard, we could keep our box if we inform them??

·
Registered
270 Posts
$200 entry is a lot for maybe 1000.00 pay out on a 8.0 car is crazy. Looked at there website all entry fees are out of control

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Payout is based on car count, 16 car field pays $1700 to win. The entry fee used to be like $125 or something, and then you still had to pay a yearly membership fee. Now you pay $200, no membership fee. And remember, $35 of that goes to the track for your tech card.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thay will never have a 16 car field and 1700 to beat on a 80,000 car really isn't worth it.even the slower classes have crazy entry fees

·
T/S 368E
30,597 Posts

Just how much do you think we get at NHRA???

If you even have a $80,000 car, here's an easy solution, don't show up.
I was told it was a 7.60 class, so I was going to come test without having to run hard,
but crap happens, so I didn't go last year. Now it's 8.00, it's close, and could be fun.
I know it will give us zero useful info for T/S or quick 8 stuff, but who cares.
We race to race, we don't race to feed our family's, so we may try 1-2.

I'll just practice my pro tree, meet some new racers, and maybe learn something??

As I always say, take it or leave it.
Running your mouth is not going to change anything, so why bother wasting your breath??

Anyone else that goes, if we make it, definitely stop by the trailer and say hi.

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Damn this sounds like a good class, should be fun.....I wish it were closer to home for me!! They need to be getting with the program in these parts!! lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
$200 entry is a lot for maybe 1000.00 pay out on a 8.0 car is crazy. Looked at there website all entry fees are out of control
I will just throw this out there.
Local event
Minimal travel cost
No hotel costs
Great competition
You get to sleep in your own bed that night
16 cars = $1,900 win (payouts still being worked out)
No membership fees, just balls out, hardcore dirty fast racing with a great group of friendly, down to earth racers that would help out any other racer in the series at the drop of a hat. You can't ask for to much more than that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts