1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
popped an axel on the street ... lol

·
Previously Banned
10,235 Posts
We were at a mixed car show/cruise in the other weekend. All makes of cars, all ages of owners, we were all getting along great. Then the import crowd rolled in, cars left you scratching your head, and when they all got out they all looked like fucking rejects.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
seems like the imports are the only ones you see doin work in the street anymore up in NJ/NY

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
seems like the imports are the only ones you see doin work in the street anymore up in NJ/NY
they running and running for some good pay checks

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
they running and running for some good pay checks
no doubt ive been sub'd to taiboogie for long time now. Cant stand the sound, but those K24's are pretty impressive. Kinda crazy how much it cost to make 300whp all motor with one though.

·
Registered
14,630 Posts
ROLF at the trailer incident

Lol Nice work loading the trailer........

Did they get flustered by the sirens?
loading it was not a problem..... keeping it on the trailer was a different story

·
Read Only
5,966 Posts
A buddies civic would literally break an axle almost every time it was shifted into second. Crazy what those import guys will put up with. Eventually got that car in the low 11's. Absolute riot to drive sliding around the highway at 80-90mph.
T

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Because they are safe and don't exceed the speed limit when racing.
ah not really. Some of them all motor cars are deep in the 10's

·
AVAST
1,350 Posts
i hated imports as a kid but later grew respect for them, hell they're 90's engine designs were light years ahead of domestic garbage. my buddy built a 4 door integer type r (very r are car), sleeved block, block guard, ported, ti valves, lunati crank, everything top shelf you name it. on 32 lbs boost it made 623 to the wheels. i remember being on the street with factory type r wheels and on a 15# tune and doing 100 in 4th it would light the tires up like nothing,. i used to have a video but that was impressive to say the least.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
ah not really. Some of them all motor cars are deep in the 10's
This was more or less a joke. I will add smileys next time! I have respect for the ones that are not Juan'ed out. Anything clean and fast is okay in my book but when they pile all that Fast and Furious shit on them I am out.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
we still get down around PA and NJ but going up to deal with those guys is a waste. They all play that jump game non stop.
been like that up there since the smallblockposse.com days

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
This was more or less a joke. I will add smileys next time! I have respect for the ones that are not Juan'ed out. Anything clean and fast is okay in my book but when they pile all that Fast and Furious shit on them I am out.

I gotcha. I cant stand rice either... but i got respect for those guys puttin in work on the street racing for more then alot of 8-9 sec car guys will. I actually looked into building a lil honda to hustle with on the street until I looked into some of the costs. $12000-$14000 into a individual runner all motor K24 just to make 300-330whp and run mid 10's just didnt make too much sense to me lol.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
There is a guy in Sacramento with a bone stock junkyard VW Jetta engine in the back of his bug, he added a bigger turbo and a Holley carb and the thing ran low tens all day and idled like a sewing machine. There is another bug in San Jose that has the whole front drivetrain from a Jetta in the back and runs almost as fast on junkyard parts. I bet you could build a ten second Bug for way under 5 thousand, maybe under 3,000 if you could find the parts cheap going this route. It does not take much HP when your car weighs under 1,500 pounds!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I LOVE to race on the strip against rice.....I have the Import Face-Off at National Trail twice and semis once in the four times I entered...with a domestic compact...1984 Plymouth Horizon with only 94 hp...only 1880 lbs dry!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts