Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ricky Oliveira called me this morning and told me that his dad, Rick passed away last week, another victim of cancer. If you recall, Rick and his son Ricky were racing that super neat '29 Chevy at the PSCA event in May of this year. It was an honor for me to talk to Rick in an interview that Jimmy filmed at the track. I knew of Rick and was always a fan of his car when he ran at the old Lions drag strip many years ago. It's very sad and I wish Ricky and his family all the best in these trying times.

http://ywnv.vidiac.com/recentvideos/4/37b74079-f62c-4b3f-9a16-9aa6008f74b5.htm

·
6,816 Posts
RIP

·
PSCA/SCSN
6,255 Posts
Ricky Oliveira called me this morning and told me that his dad, Rick passed away last week, another victim of cancer. If you recall, Rick and his son Ricky were racing that super neat '29 Chevy at the PSCA event in May of this year. It was an honor for me to talk to Rick in an interview that Jimmy filmed at the track. I knew of Rick and was always a fan of his car when he ran at the old Lions drag strip many years ago. It's very sad and I wish Ricky and his family all the best in these trying times.

http://ywnv.vidiac.com/recentvideos/4/37b74079-f62c-4b3f-9a16-9aa6008f74b5.htm
Very sorry to hear this....

That car is really cool, I'm glad you guys did that interview, it will defiantly be something Ricky will always look back on....

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A very nice family, been drag racing for over 40-years with the same car, and strictly for fun. You would never hear Rick or Ricky complain about the track, complain about a competitors weight, complain about the purse or the contingencies, complain about anything. Just show up, race, hang out with your friends and have a good time. We really don't see that often enough in todays world of sportsman racing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts