Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why, yes why are there so many different set of rules for classes ?

It seems as though there are maybe 5-6 rules for X275

about 10 sets for stock suspension

about 25 for drag radial which I though was a SS class

and probably 4-5 sets for 10.5

Can’t all these track owners/promoted get on a dang conference call and come to some type of consistent rule package. How the hell do you build a car ? Specific for 1 track or sanctioning body. DAMN

Does anyone else seem confused ? I admit not the brightest bulb on the marquis but WTF

And other than bracket. IS there a SS/Drag radial class for just N/A engines ?

Seems grass roots guys are left out.

BB class NA

SB class NA

all on stock susp and 275's

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,504 Posts
TO MAKE THEIR BUDDIES HAPPY!

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,851 Posts
Not hard to figure out if you have been into any kind of racing for any length of time. Most areas set up rules to what is built in that area to draw the local racers.

Organizations try and set up rules to run a circuit and you see what has happened to that theory once local racers already have a set of rules to run with. The bigger organizations go down the tubes with expense to run that series and racers expense to run it. If the organizations woulda paid better back thru the field they woulda had better luck.
The X275 deal worked out in a time when the economy was in a rut and a few limited tire classes were getting started. Took a person with incite to see what direction a limited tire field needed to head.

Only thing that will ruin it will be constantly changing the rules to appease a limited few.

·
Pontiac aficionado
2,851 Posts
what pisses me off, is that they wont allow clutchless trans. some people are use to the clutch
Seems like you have three choices.
Find a class that allows your tranny set up & run it
Change your tranny set up for the class you want to run
Quit.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
There's only 1 set of rules for X275 and they can be found at www.X275.net

We have numerous tracks and promoters working with those rules at 45 plus different races that you can go to in 2011.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
You have to be a drag race geek to figure out who ran what with what rules. Too confusing but maybe Im just getting older.

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
You have to be a drag race geek to figure out who ran what with what rules. Too confusing but maybe Im just getting older.
If being able to read and and follow directions makes you a geek, I guess I am!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts