Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Friendly Shit Stirrer
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

3 of these mallards were taken with a Winchester Model 23 20 gauge lite duck double barrel.

The hunt was on pvt land around Pinckneyville IL. My hunting partner and I used lead shot as well. Don't tell the game wardens on me:)
I refuse to use steel crippling shot.

·
Registered
621 Posts
kountryboy2;5513 of these mallards were taken with a Winchester Model 23 20 gauge lite duck double barrel. The hunt was on pvt land around Pinckneyville IL. My hunting partner and I used lead shot as well. Don't tell the game wardens on me:) I refuse to use steel crippling shot.[/QUOTE said:
Wow! Did you really just say you used "lead shot"? I understand your frustation with steel but I don't think I'd be telling the world that I'm outlawing ducks. Just say'n.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Try reloading with Bismuth. It kills JUST like lead, but you need to buffer the shells. ;)

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
phuck steel, but I use it.

Yes, I'm scared...

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I am all for bending the rules a little when it comes to hunting, except when it comes to waterfowl. You do realize, that being found with one single toxic shell can get you a felony? I have been killing birds for a lot of years, and I refuse to bend the rules in the duck blind. We kill our limits and we are finished, no questions asked! We all shoot steel, but we step up to decent loads, not the cheapest thing on the shelf, and only take good shots. I would look into better ammo, choke tubes, or shooter if you are loosing that many birds. I can knock down geese at 70yrds using the appropriate sized STEEL shot and choke. I couldn't care less what other do, but heed my warning, the Conservation Officers play for keeps when it comes to birds, because they know the Feds. will make it stick!I sure would hate to see in your next thread how they check you and now they have your truck, gun, hunting rights ect. Don't think it can't happen, I have seen it with my own two eyes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts