Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
We just decided that it’s not economically feasible for us to race this event. That’s it. There was no political agenda. No statement needed to be made. It was just a business decision and at this point I wasn’t in a financial position to take one for the team this time.
It seems to be what IHRA is forgetting is, they don't own the cars and they don’t own the investment that these teams have nor do they share the expense. They don't even have a signed document/agreement that states the Teams are committed to attend each event.

What in Sam Hell, gives IHRA organization the thought or opinion whether they can decide if it is financially feasible for any private team to make a race that increases their investment and expense to participate at an individual event.

If IHRA wants to “guarantee” their fan’s a field of sixteen cars they are either going to make an attempt to make it worth the racers investment or they better purchase 16 Ihra pro stock cars and contract 16 hired guns to drive them each week under contact.
Has the IHRA forgot that the have no investment other than a ”management team” have they forgot they don’t own the “ Race teams” or “the facilities” where they organize events and earn their living and exsistance at the investment of other peoples risk and expense

IHRA better wake the Phuch up…there isn‘t no “labor union laws“ for racing teams to provide racing entertainment at a loss to a racing sanction organization or Fans for that matter

Fan’s… ( I am one) It is pretty easy for them to buy a $25 ticket and then bitch when a privately backed or funded race team does not show up to a race that requires them to actually loose money and invest in their entertainment at a loss. I wouldn’t expect that of any individual regardless of what I thought I deserved.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
“If this would even come close to happening again,” he told The Observer, “I can tell you that class can put their cars up on eBay because they would never, ever come to one of our tracks again.”

I can tell you that with talk like that, he can kiss my money goodbye. The only thing I'm there to see is Pro Stock. I CAN and WILL go get my fix elsewhere. I can't tell you how mad I am at these statements. I want to say MANY other things about Polburn right now but am biting my tongue.
Don't these teams PAY money to ENTER the event??????? WTF
So why should he care if someone buys HIS product or not?? Either make it more affordable, or shut the hell up!!!
I was didn't care for only one part of the boycott. That they didn't give fans a heads up. Other than that, I certainly understand their viewpoint. But when the President makes a comment like this, I would love to see the teams do it again just to call him. Let them turn it into a nitro show/divisional.

I'm ready for a Pro Stock Ass'n with a Stock/Super Stock/ Comp filler.

I'll do the ADRL too. Would love to see them back at Gateway.

Shawn

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
“If this would even come close to happening again,” he told The Observer, “I can tell you that class can put their cars up on eBay because they would never, ever come to one of our tracks again.”
That's actually kind of funny...Awful tough talk. Yeah, let's start shitting on the racers for not towing the line. IHRA tried the same hard-nose BS with a lot of long-time nitrous Pro Mod racers with the rules, and look how many they lost to ADRL.

I kind of hated it for the fans up in Edmonton, I was only there once, but they were awesome. Hope they work all this out. Seems a lot like history repeating itself, though. Pretty soon the entire IHRA Pro show will be blown alky Pro Mods, funny cars, and top fuelers. That'll be awful boring.

·
T/S 368E
32,435 Posts

Another cocky, know it all, who got a little bit of power trip going on. The ebay crack was uncalled for.
Shows lack of respect, as said, it's not your money, so you have no business opening your mouth.
Management is supposed to understand the whole business, from all sides of an issue.

I also agree with the other post where, you know who, should not have used his number. He should have took the money, ok.
If you're going to go against the group fine. He could have at least showed some kind of fairness to promote the cause for everyone.
Is it true, he had one of the shortest drives of the whole class. (read somewhere else)

·
Registered
103 Posts
How can Ihra take this so personal it was a matter of risk vs reward ? That is all I got to say. Believe it or not. I will be supporting Ihra this weekend at Grand Bend. From #11 in points instead of 10th now

left out period made it read wrong

·
Registered
21,141 Posts
His defiance of his peers enabled him to claim the winner’s purse and points accompanying the triumph. Bertsch is now a championship contender since he’s now sixth in the points and eligible to pick up the 45 bonus points for attending all IHRA events.
I understand Mr. Bertsch showed out of reasons they named for commitment to his sponsors and a fallen crew member.

Personally, I would have a lot more respect for him if he would have chosen not to except the points and his appearance to effect the final standings. Apparently his honor to his sponsors /crewman were not as deep as his need for the points /money

I would borrow the phucker a "jap wrench" if he crewed along side of me. jmo

·
Registered
818 Posts
From what I know Bertsch came from Mich. to the race which isn't all that much closer then the rest. I do think that Polburn crossed the line with his comment on the Ebay thing.

I am glad the Bertsch showed and ran hard every pass for the fans. I also think he deserves the points,cash and trophy for showing up. I find it hard to believe that any of the top 10 teams couldn't afford the extra 2 or 3 grand it cost to come out here. The people who lost the most on the deal were the fans. They did show their appriciation by giving Bertsch a standing ovation on every pass he made.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I appologize to the fans but how many of you would spend 7000 to get 2000 remember we are not paid professionals this is done as a serious hobby.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
What a crock of shit. Instead of using his brain to think that maybe they need to increase the winning payout some to help the smaller funded teams (such as R.E.P. racing which is 5 miles from my house) than its like Robert said....simply couldnt afford it...not worth spending 7 grand to win 2. Instead he comes off like an ahole pretty much telling them not to come back if they do it again?? LMAO...I wish they would boycott the next race too just to shit in his wheaties.

I just feel bad for the fans b/c of them not knowing in advance...I talked to Robert and knew it was going to happen but forgot to post it up that "I had heard from a reliable source..."...sorry.

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
Sounds like he has been watching what the NHRA does and is trying it out himself....watch and learn Polsmoker er I mean Polburn

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
I appologize to the fans but how many of you would spend 7000 to get 2000 remember we are not paid professionals this is done as a serious hobby.
We shouldnt forget that a lot of the fans had traveling expenses over $1000 as well, but they still came. They just wanted to part of something special, and in a sad way they were.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I've known Aaron since the mid 70s. I've always liked the guy and thought he was a good promoter and announcer. I also felt he needed to make a statement to the fans and racers who stayed home so everyone knew his position and thoughts. I felt he needed to express a strong response to what I saw as a sort of organized mutany. I just think he missed the mark on his remarks. I hope both the racers and Aaron/IHRA can recover and work things out to better the sport. JMO, RM

1 - 20 of 41 Posts