Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
well i think that only good can come from this. i do like how they are show casing sportsman racing unlike fox that just shows the same basic bs info videos to fill time when they could be showing super stockers pulling 3 foot wheelstands to the 60ft cones. if they let mike dunn have a say so as to how the show is presented and mangaed it think maybe they could be starting something big he knows how the common drag racer and fan thinks. NHRA needs to know they are not the only ones that can sanction nitro cars and if they screw up too many times with too many cookie cutter rules then all it would take is one of the major three nitro teams to crossover and a shitstorm would follow.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
NHRA needs to know they are not the only ones that can sanction nitro cars and if they screw up too many times with too many cookie cutter rules then all it would take is one of the major three nitro teams to crossover and a shitstorm would follow.
No nitro team is going to leave NHRA with FOX now on board. And can we just point out that under NHRA watch the nitro cars have gone faster every. single.year. In case that doesn't convince you understand that IHRA offered John Force a BLANK CHECK to come race with them. He turned it down.

·
Registered
67 Posts
well i think that only good can come from this. i do like how they are show casing sportsman racing unlike fox that just shows the same basic bs info videos to fill time when they could be showing super stockers pulling 3 foot wheelstands to the 60ft cones. if they let mike dunn have a say so as to how the show is presented and mangaed it think maybe they could be starting something big he knows how the common drag racer and fan thinks. NHRA needs to know they are not the only ones that can sanction nitro cars and if they screw up too many times with too many cookie cutter rules then all it would take is one of the major three nitro teams to crossover and a shitstorm would follow.
I thought Dunn was gone.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No nitro team is going to leave NHRA with FOX now on board. And can we just point out that under NHRA watch the nitro cars have gone faster every. single.year. In case that doesn't convince you understand that IHRA offered John Force a BLANK CHECK to come race with them. He turned it down.
They must have some type of plans in the works. There will be some kind of pro show in 2018. Maybe they are going to go after some of the lesser funded teams or bring back the nastalgia classes.

·
Registered
14,938 Posts
I am looking forward to watching some good Sportsman coverage. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
973 Posts
Starting this weekend! Good for Mike Dunn. Hope he can bring them back to their former glory years.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and I just saw that MMTV will be the ones brodcasting and sending the feed to ESPN3 :supz:

·
Registered
723 Posts
This will be a boost for IHRA. I am glad to see them reuniting with ESPN. I am also glad to see MMTV get the gig for streaming these races for ESPN. Hopefully this will pull in lots of new viewers.

I do wonder, will the pro show get a spot on one of the main ESPN channels when it returns next year?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
They must have some type of plans in the works. There will be some kind of pro show in 2018. Maybe they are going to go after some of the lesser funded teams or bring back the nastalgia classes.
I enjoy the nostalgia classes and think this is a stable foundation to keep fans coming,watching and I would like to see it grow with racers looking to lower the budget and still enjoy nitro.

·
Registered
14,938 Posts
Is anyone else watching the coverage today (now)? Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would like to be watching it, but ESPN is not available on this side of the border. It kinda takes the "I" out of IHRA!

·
Registered
14,938 Posts
Near as I can tell, it is not available from my internet provider (suddenlink) either. First time I have ever had reason to check out ESPN3. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
watching it now,great coverage!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts