Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need some advice please.

I'm dragging up a old project and I'm not sure of which way to go on a ignition/coil set up.

What I'm working with is a 89 mustang gt that will be used for true street type events and play days.

It will be a smallish turbo R block 347 C4 with a brake so I will need a two step. I hope to upgrade the turbo kit next year so I will need alittle room to grow as time goes on. I'd like to eventually make 800-900 rwhp.

A good Freind suggested a 7al2 plus but I didn't have $500 -$600 sitting around at the moment. His car runs mid 5's in the 8th a I'd like to get there one of these days.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just put an msd programmable 6al2 on last night tons of stuff to do with it.

Msd part #6530 there $359 but summit will beat others price and amazon had it for 325 so that's what summit sold it to me for.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What sort of engine management is it running? Some ECUs have the two step function built in, getting rid of the need to have it in the ignition.
Ok thanks I didn't think about that. I picked up a fast classic a while back and my game plan is to run that. I've been gathering parts for a couple years now. Haha

The car is currently N/A hci stock block with stock electronics and ignition. I just removed the T5 and installed the C4 I wanted to get the ignition and 2 step installed to play with the trans brake and converters and get back used to reverse shift pattern.

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Msd part #6530 there $359 but summit will beat others price and amazon had it for 325 so that's what summit sold it to me for.
Thanks I'll look in to that. I have a old 6al that was on the car years ago but was I was told it wasn't enough and it would blow the spark out, heck it mite not even be any good anymore. I wrecked the car and pushed it down the hill and has been sitting pretty much the last 10 years.

It looks like the digital 5 has a bunch of stuff to play with to.

·
Registered
857 Posts

I would not buy anything MSD on Amazon or Ebay.
That's were all the counterfeit junk is.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang I didn't even think about that. I'd rather deal with summit when they price match.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts