Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Digital 6 ignition seems to have had it. Need to either get this thing fixed and possibly a spare, or get something else. This is a street car that will be raced...So I guess it could be called a race car that will be street driven.

Here's the setup:

SBF
88mm turbo
FAST injection

Anyone running a digital 7 on the street? MSD told me I would probably smoke it trying to use it on the street, but figured I would get some opinions.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Digital 6 ignition seems to have had it. Need to either get this thing fixed and possibly a spare, or get something else. This is a street car that will be raced...So I guess it could be called a race car that will be street driven.

Here's the setup:

SBF
88mm turbo
FAST injection

Anyone running a digital 7 on the street? MSD told me I would probably smoke it trying to use it on the street, but figured I would get some opinions.
Define "running on the street". My buddy has a SBF blow through car with a digital 7 and hasn't had an issue with it. Its not daily driven, but he takes it out occassionaly on the weekends. Hope that helps ya.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Define "running on the street". My buddy has a SBF blow through car with a digital 7 and hasn't had an issue with it. Its not daily driven, but he takes it out occassionaly on the weekends. Hope that helps ya.
This is more the type of street driving I am talking about. I really don't see taking it on very long drives....maybe 30 miles at a time TOPS, and that would be during an event. Most often it would be trips of less than 10 miles at a time.

·
Registered
936 Posts
This FAST XIM and GM LS2 coils has been the best ignition setup I have ever used.

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is more the type of street driving I am talking about. I really don't see taking it on very long drives....maybe 30 miles at a time TOPS, and that would be during an event. Most often it would be trips of less than 10 miles at a time.
If thats the case then I dont see it being an issue. I wonder what would cause it to "burn up" anyway? It almost leads me to believe theyre saying the ignition box doesnt like easy working?? lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If thats the case then I dont see it being an issue. I wonder what would cause it to "burn up" anyway? It almost leads me to believe theyre saying the ignition box doesnt like easy working?? lol
I guess its more of running for extended periods of time. However, I talked to them again today and got a different answer. So now I guess its ok to run the 7531 on the street. I am also leaning towards a 7222 (7AL-2 plus). Money is getting tight so I will likely send this box in for the time being to see if they can repair it.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
MSD 6-AL2 Programmable.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
with the 6al-2 programable does it have more than 2 rev limiters?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I guess its more of running for extended periods of time. However, I talked to them again today and got a different answer. So now I guess its ok to run the 7531 on the street. I am also leaning towards a 7222 (7AL-2 plus). Money is getting tight so I will likely send this box in for the time being to see if they can repair it.
Trade that 7531 box for a 7al-3? :)

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
run a dig 7 on a street/strip car. Drove to the track 50 miles round trip throughout the whole summer last year, no issues

·
Registered
871 Posts
run a dig 7 on a street/strip car. Drove to the track 50 miles round trip throughout the whole summer last year, no issues
are dig 7 the 7531 box? what coil can you run?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The 7530 is a 7531 with fewer options. The 7530 is, i believe, the original dig 7 programmable. No difference between the spark output of the two. I use the HVC p/n8251 coil not the 8252. All works strong.

·
Registered
871 Posts
the HVC you can use on the street? didnt know that.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I know I'm not the only one using the 8251 on the street, I posted myself to find out first and found out that way.
p.s.- In the previous post meant to say to not use the 8261 HVC not the blaster 8252.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The 7530 is a 7531 with fewer options. The 7530 is, i believe, the original dig 7 programmable. No difference between the spark output of the two. I use the HVC p/n8251 coil not the 8252. All works strong.
Isnt the 7530 box discontinued now and doesnt pass tech for some places?

·
Registered
871 Posts
ten 4

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Isnt the 7530 box discontinued now and doesnt pass tech for some places?
I haven't heard of that and don't see why it would be illegal, but who knows. Yes, they don't make the original 7530 anymore.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts