Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one recommend a solid reliable ignition for my street car? 406 SBC 525 HP with very occasional blast to 7000 rpm.
Mostly street driving. I currently have a Davis DUI/HEI distributor that is a little over a year old and not impressed with the quality. Two of the brass lugs on the distributor cap are loose and cannot be tightened. The module has also failed.
I just want a reliable ignition setup and would prefer not to run a box with it. I can go almost any route at this point.
HELP
Tom

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
An MSD Ready-To-Run distributor with an external coil or even a rebuilt OEM distributor (of that era) should suit your needs just fine. Although the timing advance curve is much easier to adjust on an MSD distributor; so much easier, that I'd buy the MSD just for this reason.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Danny
Thanks for the response. The post was more out of frustration with poor quality parts. I currently run a Davis unified setup only 1 year old, one plug was terrible, the terminal on the cap for the plug wire was really loose and could not be tightened. After inspection two more wer loose, we are talking severe enough I was shocked they didn't get broken by the rotor.
Next the coil was poor quality.
I finally fixed everything and running again.
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts