Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
462 Posts
LOL! classic:smt082

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Except the guy with the manual trans will be the one needing a tampon after getting clipped yet again by a car with a budget th400. :p

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
Man now I am really happy I have a stick car. Good one

·
Registered
813 Posts
Its always fun to out run some douche at the track with a much faster car because he missed a gear, love my slushbox

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
Im just hatin, I would much rather have a jerico or a Lenco :)
I am 40 and finally got one a couple of years ago. Can't wait to upgrade to a Liberty

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Except the guy with the manual trans will be the one needing a tampon after getting clipped yet again by a car with a budget th400. :p
Lined up for a $$$ run last year. Arm drop.

My opponent yells over " You can go first cause of your standard"

" No thanks, just go on signal" I yell back.

He never knew what hit him
,,,TLW

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
agree, But very consistent lol

There is a guy that run 5.80 index races down here in a Red 57 T-bird, with a Lenco and it has shifters...not air-pods. I saw him run at Redline one night five passes, to take home the money.

5.5.79, the guy he was racing went 5.78

Badass car, sounds like it leaves at about 7 grand every pass.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
how about the old clutch glides or clutch turbos ....... autos with a clutch instead of a converter .they were very popular in the 70's

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Automatics are about as fun as watching paint dry.
True Dat ^^^^^^^^ BUT if you wanna be deadly consistent they are the way to go!

Look This Nova SS we are racing now is the first Automatic (Abruzzi Glide and converter) Race Car I have EVER owned.....in the late 70's to the Mid 80's when I joined the Marines and decided to make it a Career and sold all my Stuff I had owned every stick shift set up then that was afordably available for a out of Pocket Race Team....I had Muncie M-22's with all factory internals.....Borg Warner T-10's with all aftermarket internals like Liberty and even owned a old Jerico when they were a Hot thing and then the last one was a 5 spd Lenco and I absolutly loved each and every one of them even when I was shearing teeth and busting Cluster gears and snapping Synchro rings I wouldn't have taken the alternative for nothin but that was then this is NOW!
We used to tease the Guys who ran automatics and called them "Slush Pumpers" and looked down our collective Noses at them as not being serious racers but in this world we race in today there are sooooooo many guys who can dial in a 6.80 in the 1/4 with their Top sportsman cars running a Glide and converter and then with the use of no delay box or any such thing go right out and run a 6.800 or .801 to a .804 that it will make you just want to puke !

There are Pro Mods and Top Sportaman cars running Numbers that are just Crazy and they all are running some sort of Powerglide and converter set up, hell they keep breaking the record all the time getting it lower and lower to where they are just as quick almost and some even quicker than a lot of the Stick Shift cars and then you throw in the added advantage of repeatability and dependability..... and buddy .......well if you cant beat them join them is what I say and I would rather be racing my car and sitting in the shade of the awning between rounds with a nice cold glass of Gator-aid rather than laying on my back working on the clutch or replacing broken gear boxes and sweating up a storm under a hot Race Car......it's waaaaay easier on me to let the Blower fans sit in front of the engine and another one pointed at the converter and Transmisson doing all the cooling than to try to work around a HOT set of headers for sure!

So the Moral to this story is this "Dont hate us because we beat yer ass an take yer "COIN" find out why an FIX IT or quit yer Bitchin"! :supz:

:smt023
RC

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
And there are plenty of stick guys setting records and making consistent passes without failure. For you it was more consistent and less of a headache and that's fine. I am not bagging on anyone for having an auto, that is their choice and my choice is to have a stickshift and I wouldn't have it any other way. When the Jerico comes out, in will go a Liberty Equalizer.

·
Registered
6,499 Posts
agree, But very consistent lol

So it my clutchless G-Force.

I never miss a gear.

But I did launch in 4th one time. LMAO !!

:smt082

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
My aod has 4 speeds, so alllll good.

I got a good laugh when some kids walked up to my car at the track and peeked into it and then said, "aww, it's an automatic so it's slow"

1 - 20 of 48 Posts