Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive lived in North Carolina all my live and im 44yrs old. for the last 2 years me and my family has been going to the Gulf side of Florida a few times a year. we just got back yesterday. I have a pretty good job offer plus my wife is a RN im sure she will find a job. we also looked at a few homes. my wife wants to put a offer on 1 of them.
My Question are what is the Good and Bad of Florida?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Depends on where you are looking to land.

Just a stab at it warm weather can race year round.

Bad tourist, hurricanes, high prices near water.

·
pist'n Broke
20,941 Posts
ive lived in North Carolina all my live and im 44yrs old. for the last 2 years me and my family has been going to the Gulf side of Florida a few times a year. we just got back yesterday. I have a pretty good job offer plus my wife is a RN im sure she will find a job. we also looked at a few homes. my wife wants to put a offer on 1 of them.
I only n lived there 3 years and I'd say the good is you can wear shorts all year around.The bad is it's hot n hotter. Very few drag strips. Snowbirds can't drive (neither can anybody else lol) only palm trees and pine trees and sand in most places. All the houses look the same. No season changes etc.

I guess it's not for everybody. There should be plenty of new vacent houses available

·
Registered
109 Posts
GOOD:

Weather is great over the winter and spring - makes for lots of racing (probably more than your pockets will handle). :p
Orlando Speeworld/Lakeland Raceway/PBIR. SGMP is few hours north of central FL.
Lot's to do with the family - Disney, Legoland, Universal, etc...
Roads are nice - easy to get around the state.
Lot's of beaches on both sides (duh!!).

BAD:

Rains in the summer every day. Get to the track, and it will pour once you unload the car, with no significant warning :(
It's VERY hot in the summer, track temps will be insane.
Tourists... especially in central FL. They are everywhere and drive poorly.
BBQ is probably not as good as NC (if somebody knows a good place down here, let me know!).
Your electric bill will be high in the spring/summer/and fall (AC runs almost year round).

·
Aviation Section
25,579 Posts
Stay as far North in Florida as you can to at least get some change of season, especially if you are a Yankee like me, and relieve some of the heat.

The coastal areas are much better then inland, inland has no breeze at all. I personally like the Gainesville area but under no circumstances come South of the Lake! Dave

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
It is too frickin hot!
Grew up in Ohio. Moved down here 23 years ago for the job.
I enjoy my work, but I do not want to retire in Floriduh.
I miss the change of seasons, Xmas lights on palm trees looks funny.
Lovebugs twice a year to fuck up the paint on your car unless you wash it frequently.
Long drive to race tracks unless you happen to locate near one.

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
This is a great thread.. Any pro and con about Naples?? We be looking at house a few blocks off the shore..We have 2 kids 6/14 year old.. So school system means a lot to us..

·
Registered
985 Posts
Crime is bad and summers are grueling in Florida.

·
Registered
47,748 Posts
Where on the gulf side are you looking?

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
GOOD:

Weather is great over the winter and spring - makes for lots of racing (probably more than your pockets will handle). :p
Orlando Speeworld/Lakeland Raceway/PBIR. SGMP is few hours north of central FL.
Lot's to do with the family - Disney, Legoland, Universal, etc...
Roads are nice - easy to get around the state.
Lot's of beaches on both sides (duh!!).

BAD:

Rains in the summer every day. Get to the track, and it will pour once you unload the car, with no significant warning :(
It's VERY hot in the summer, track temps will be insane.
Tourists... especially in central FL. They are everywhere and drive poorly.
BBQ is probably not as good as NC (if somebody knows a good place down here, let me know!).
Your electric bill will be high in the spring/summer/and fall (AC runs almost year round).
Lmao spot on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is a great thread.. Any pro and con about Naples?? We be looking at house a few blocks off the shore..We have 2 kids 6/14 year old.. So school system means a lot to us..
Naples is a very beautiful area, also VERY expensive. It consists of mostly snow birds that travel there in the fall and leave in the spring.

We went there in June and it was virtually empty. Only locals, a lot of the place was shutdown.

The water there is absolutely perfect. Beaches are really nice.

Don't know about the school systems... Florida schools in general are kind of B/C rated. A lot of people send there kids to private or charter schools on our side of town.

Do some internet searching and see what they look like in Naples you may be surprised.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
We have a criminal for a governor, sink holes will eat you and your house, warm in August, drag racing all year bitches, your car won't rust, Mexicans cut your grass, great diving, great fishing, West coast traffic licks balls, no income tax, sea side bars, great sunsets, hurricanes blow over lawn furniture, no winter clothes, plenty of bikinis, 7-8 drag strips, dirt tracks, square groupers, no fucking pot holes, great deals on houses, meth labs in the trunk.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We have a criminal for a governor, sink holes will eat you and your house, warm in August, drag racing all year bitches, your car won't rust, Mexicans cut your grass, great diving, great fishing, West coast traffic licks balls, no income tax, sea side bars, great sunsets, hurricanes blow over lawn furniture, no winter clothes, plenty of bikinis, 7-8 drag strips, dirt tracks, square groupers, no fucking pot holes, great deals on houses, meth labs in the trunk.
HAHAHAHAHAH that was awesome!

I'm on the space coast too. Race at OSW when the car is running right...

·
Registered
905 Posts
Stay were you're at....Nothing in the world worse than Fla. yankees know it all fucking pos all of them...Look at y/b the loudest mouth fuckers here are fla. yankees.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Moved to Florida 2 years ago from NYC.
(Jacksonville)

Love:
-the weather from Feb through May. 72 and sunny with cool night ENDLESSLY!
-Folks are a lot friendlier
-Lotsa car folks
-Beaches are great(gulf side is better)
-Even when it does rain, your car doesn't get dirty as the roads are always clean
-more tracks than I had(Gainesville & Green Cove)

Hate:
-The weather from June-August
-NO ONE understands how to use entrance or exit ramps
-Complete lack of good Italian, Chinese or Japanese food

1 - 20 of 94 Posts