Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Blowncoupe you are blessed I guess maybe I'm jinxed every one i try to fix is awful rich at idle and I can't seem to do much with them:confused: I can hold my on with most Holley's! I have good luck with Quick Fuel myself!

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I had a Holley done by a big name guy out of Michigan. Took it off because my bone stock Speed Demon is .08 quicker in the 1/8th.
I had a similar experience. I've had very good luck with mighty demons.

·
Non me ne frega un cazzo
32,898 Posts
Blowncoupe you are blessed I guess maybe I'm jinxed every one i try to fix is awful rich at idle and I can't seem to do much with them:confused: I can hold my on with most Holley's! I have good luck with Quick Fuel myself!
You try changing your air bleeds

·
Steering wheel holder
4,708 Posts
Ran one for years, never idled right. Always had to hold it just off the screw, but if you turned the screw in it still wouldn't idle. Would try to shut off coming out of the burnout and making the turnoff. Early this year driving back from tech and it would not stay running, power braking it at 3500 and it would just shut off with no warning. Put the spare holley on for the day, idles so much better I haven't tried to fix the demon.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I cant complain about the performance of Demon carbs, but their Q.C. used to be shitty. I have seen metal chips in the metering blocks, and stripped screws on brand new carbs more than once..

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
I cant complain about the performance of Demon carbs, but their Q.C. used to be shitty. I have seen metal chips in the metering blocks, and stripped screws on brand new carbs more than once..
Bowl screws on those are EASY to strip! You've got to be careful if you are using a ratchet instead of a nutdriver.

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
i have had 2 750 mighty demons, first one i got from my brother, i paid $100 for it and it was literally a week old, i tore it apart and it had metal shaving all threw it, i cleaned it out and worked killer, the other one i bought for $150 it was about a month old, nothing was wrong with it other then the dip shit trying to tune it like a holley , both carbs was the most responsive carb that i have onwed im sure there is better ones , i have good luck with them

·
Registered
31,714 Posts
Holley has been too GOOD to even THINK of anything ELSE!!!;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts