Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me- it’s this. Had the chance to get one years ago & passed it up. They were cheap back then.
Now.........insanity prices!
Hemi of course & no clones, thank you. ;)

·
Registered
15,879 Posts

·
Registered
15,879 Posts
That car in the video started life as a Pro Stocker

And I wish I would of bought A Hemi Cuda, or a Dart before they started going for big $$$. Or any 67-70 1/2 Z/28

·
Registered
5,389 Posts
My daily driver for years was a ratty old '69 Roadrunner. 426 Hemi, Super Track Pack car. I miss that one. Owned a nice original '68 Dart GTS with a 383. Red, white interior, white vinyl roof. Really miss that one.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
There was a 69 trans am I could have landed and passed :(
I just saw a buddy of mine last night. He's owned one since somewhere around 1981. It is a 60,000 mile, 4 speed car with all of its original drivetrain and up until about 10 years ago, had its original paint.

He shocked the hell out of me last night when he said he was thinking about putting it up for sale. Says he wants to get something he can "use".

·
Registered
13,127 Posts
The Hemi Cuda conv I had offered for £5000 and my Roadrunner in 1986, I believe its the same car the BJ kid owns/owned.
To put it into prospective £5K would have almost bought 2 houses here then. It was an impossible task to raise the money unless I sold Mum and Dads house from under them LOL.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
My 4 speed 78 Malibu. I sold it to my dad to build my Chevelle, and he never used it so he sold it. Now I kinda wish I had it back.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That ship has sailed LAD- I would have to sell everything I have to grab either of those.
To me- they just scream drag racing in the late 60’s. Look at that side profile & that rear tire. Holy shit! My bet is these cars- if they sell, will go for 250k each. Crazy money.
Being retired now, I have to be happy with what I have, had & what I’m building now.
Times have changed since retiring. Used to just buy & build whatever I wanted- the perks of being a long time business owner. Today I’m fighting budgets like the cost of a Drake 34 grille vs restoring the one I have.
Sometimes dreams are a good thing & it’s probably better I don’t have the money to buy the car now. I’ve been pretty blessed in the hot rod department so I have 0 regrets. Well one. I could have bought that legit documented 68 Hemi Dart in the early 80’s w/ race history for 6k. I bought a 64 Savoy max wedge car instead & promptly wrecked it. :(
Dreams are good. :)

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just saw a buddy of mine last night. He's owned one since somewhere around 1981. It is a 60,000 mile, 4 speed car with all of its original drivetrain and up until about 10 years ago, had its original paint.

He shocked the hell out of me last night when he said he was thinking about putting it up for sale. Says he wants to get something he can "use".
I have a friend with one that’s been sitting in one his metal buildings forever. It was bought new, driven a few years & then parked. Has under 10k miles, never hit, original everything, covered w/ sheets & moving blankets w/ boxes piled all over it. He will pull it out & drive it someday.
He also has his dad’s car in there. A 1946 Chrysler Town & Country convertible “Woody” with about 500 miles on it. His dad passed away about a year after buying new. It’s been moved around a few times but hasn’t seen the light of day in a long time. I’ve been trying to buy the woodie for years. For those who don’t know what one looks like........

This is the car built to drive & you don’t mess with. Hot rodding not allowed. :)

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
I have a friend with one that’s been sitting in one his metal buildings forever. It was bought new, driven a few years & then parked. Has under 10k miles, never hit, original everything, covered w/ sheets & moving blankets w/ boxes piled all over it. He will pull it out & drive it someday.
He also has his dad’s car in there. A 1946 Chrysler Town & Country convertible “Woody” with about 500 miles on it. His dad passed away about a year after buying new. It’s been moved around a few times but hasn’t seen the light of day in a long time. I’ve been trying to buy the woodie for years. For those who don’t know what one looks like........

This is the car built to drive & you don’t mess with. Hot rodding not allowed. :)
Yes, those are rare and valuable. I got to know former NHL coach, Scotty Bowman, through a friend and the car shows. Scotty has several collector cars and one of them was a T&C, although his was a hardtop. I haven't seen Scotty in a few years because he moved to Florida but my buddy still occasionally talks to him on the phone.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
About 1981 my brother talked me out of buying a 1970 SS Chevelle. 454 4speed car with a little hail damage. I think it was $1200. I ended up with a fucking VW Scirocco.

Fast forward to 1994 and I had a near perfect 67 Chevelle, 283 pg, AC, power steering, new paint, new interior, missing one piece of fender trim and had a headliner in the box. Traded it for a 80's ford club cab pickup because I was building a house and needed a pickup. Dumb ass.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
About 1981 my brother talked me out of buying a 1970 SS Chevelle. 454 4speed car with a little hail damage. I think it was $1200. I ended up with a fucking VW Scirocco.

Fast forward to 1994 and I had a near perfect 67 Chevelle, 283 pg, AC, power steering, new paint, new interior, missing one piece of fender trim and had a headliner in the box. Traded it for a 80's ford club cab pickup because I was building a house and needed a pickup. Dumb ass.
I feel your pain!

·
Registered
875 Posts
63 vette. it was 1988. I was 16, it was $5K. I had the money. But it was literally completely dissembled in pieces and the old man cracked it and said no way

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
posted this in another thread but it fits here:

Bought an un-titled "roller" race car that came with a certificate or origin slip from Nickey chevrolet found out it was a '69 Z-28 DZ302 , 1 of 2 . L88 427 Nickey Chevy prepped factory S/S car. Car was solid,solid floors never cut up original dash,had a 6pt cage installed by Jenkins when he had SRD chassis. I stripped the car down & put it in vari-prime & later Sold it, as a Roller, because I didnt have the money to do the proper restoration nor the space. It is now fully restored and in a personal collection in WA. I was told the owner put over a $100K into the restoration and the car is valued at over $500K! As of a few years ago I was told collectors are still looking for the other camaro, it was originally shipped to the Pittsburgh area.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Miss my '71 440 Cuda every day. Bought it for $2,200 in 1985 while in high school and sold it a few years later with bad rod knock. Just didn't have the money or the means to fix it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts